Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

7th May: Major screwup by health authorities upon arrival

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

7th May: Major screwup by health authorities upon arrival

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2021, 6:02 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by jckl
on vaccination, it is a consensus amongst some of the local to not have it as an act of civil disobedience.
Originally Posted by percysmith
i didn’t remember which radio station my cabbie was on this on morning - cr? - but a commenter was saying low acceptance of leavehomesafe and vaccines is extended civil disobedience

(also see https://hongkongfp.com/2021/05/01/co...-pride-divide/ )

he compared taiwan - taiwanese may have more uptake of their tracing app but their vaccination rate is dismal.
​​​​​​​
Old May 21, 2021, 12:31 am

Programs: Alaska
Originally Posted by jckl
Are you new to Hong Kong? HK government has always been acting with no accountability.

On vaccination, it is a consensus amongst some of the local to not have it as an act of civil disobedience. I have left Hong Kong now for good, I’ll be getting my jab in the UK when it’s my turn. But if I were to still be in HK, I would not be taking it, as I personally would not benefit from any of the ‘economic benefits’ and I’d rather the border between the mainland and HK remain ‘closed’ as is. I’d also want to do my part to bring the economy down.

Saving money for emigration is more important than going on holidays and miscellaneous spending for many in HK right now.
What kind of ridiculous thoughts is this?

Bringing the economy down hurts a lot of more ordinary Hong Kongers than the few you intend to hurt.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.