Search

September cancellations

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2020, 3:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: FB , BA Gold
https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/...-outlook-after
Besidees dismal levels, CX announced that it will cut back its September schedule to July level.
That is 7% capacity and probably 1 -2% traffic given the load.

CDG which was supposed to restart in Sepember is now cancelled.
Old Aug 12, 2020, 4:41 am

Programs: Cathay Pacific MPC Gold
Originally Posted by Dan1113
Surprised to see Manchester get 3x weekly. I have a flight booked for KUL via HKG in December which obviously I won't be allowed to do given entry requirements so had hoped for the easy route of a cancellation of the MAN flight but I guess that's not looking as likely now.
I am also booked on CX219 from Hong Kong to MAN on 17/9. Apparently it was alright up until yesterday and when I check it again today the reservation has been closed and no longer accept new booking into MAN for the whole September. I really want to know will be cancel or not since I am so lucky to redeem a award seat on CX219. Just don’t want CX cancel whole month service to Manchester otherwise it will be nightmare to me since it will be very difficult to find another award seat on CX in September.
Old Aug 12, 2020, 9:57 am

Programs: BA GGL, QR Gold, CX Silver, ITA Executive, TK Elite, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by MPO flyer
I am also booked on CX219 from Hong Kong to MAN on 17/9. Apparently it was alright up until yesterday and when I check it again today the reservation has been closed and no longer accept new booking into MAN for the whole September. I really want to know will be cancel or not since I am so lucky to redeem a award seat on CX219. Just don’t want CX cancel whole month service to Manchester otherwise it will be nightmare to me since it will be very difficult to find another award seat on CX in September.
I might be a little OT, Cathay cancelled my late august flight to London today, and they reallocated my award upgrade ticket to the nearest flight to London right away and I was told would be given the option to choose from a range of dates if I am not on an award upgrade tixs.(should be for those with full cash paid or full miles redemption?)
Best guess is that they will finalise it within 2 days (which is the duration it took in my cx255 case). Good luck to your MAN flight. I think they are just fiddle and faddling he schedules and perhaps combining the flights into 1x or 2x flights instead of 3x
Old Aug 15, 2020, 10:19 pm

Originally Posted by flyingroundtheworld
I might be a little OT, Cathay cancelled my late august flight to London today, and they reallocated my award upgrade ticket to the nearest flight to London right away and I was told would be given the option to choose from a range of dates if I am not on an award upgrade tixs.(should be for those with full cash paid or full miles redemption?)
Best guess is that they will finalise it within 2 days (which is the duration it took in my cx255 case). Good luck to your MAN flight. I think they are just fiddle and faddling he schedules and perhaps combining the flights into 1x or 2x flights instead of 3x
Hi...may I know when was your original flight? Just as a matter of interest as according to CX official flight schedule, there will be CX251 operating to LHR daily from 22 Aug to 31 Aug, so I wonder whether their schedule is actually not updated.
Old Aug 15, 2020, 10:48 pm

Programs: BA GGL, QR Gold, CX Silver, ITA Executive, TK Elite, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by VE105
Hi...may I know when was your original flight? Just as a matter of interest as according to CX official flight schedule, there will be CX251 operating to LHR daily from 22 Aug to 31 Aug, so I wonder whether their schedule is actually not updated.
My original flight is cx255 departing on 29 AUG. The official timetable on the Cathay website has around a 1-2 day delay in my experience, expert flyer timetable is updated a bit quicker compared to Cathay's.
Old Aug 16, 2020, 3:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by flyingroundtheworld
My original flight is cx255 departing on 29 AUG. The official timetable on the Cathay website has around a 1-2 day delay in my experience, expert flyer timetable is updated a bit quicker compared to Cathay's.
Indeed, the timetable is often updated very late.
I find the most reliable tool on many destinations (not the repatriation flights), is to see if CX is selling tickets
Old Aug 18, 2020, 1:53 am

Programs: BA Gold, UA, DL
I believe that CX 881 (LAX - HKG) on 15/09 and 16/09 would be cancelled. Just did a dummy check, and the flight for these two days were no longer available. They were still available yesterday.

Chan
Old Aug 25, 2020, 1:03 am

Programs: AA, AS, AC, Hilton, Hyatt, IHG
Anybody have any insight on SFO route. I see some flights scheduled all over the place, can't seem to make out a pattern.
Looking to hop on a SFO-bound flight early Sept.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.