Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Pier F, Bridge and Deck to temporarily close from 17 Feb

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pier F, Bridge and Deck to temporarily close from 17 Feb

Search this Thread

Old Feb 29, 2020, 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by Sozee
You are referring to the furthest area from the entrance in Pier J? I've been there multiple times, and have not been aware they also impose a one and half hours time limit. I've slept for a few hours couple of times.
https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_...ier-relaxation
Actually I was mixing it up with Pier F (time limit as shown in this article: https://www.executivetraveller.com/i...nge-day-suites). In the furthest area from the entrance in Pier J one can snooze away to one's heart's content as I recall.
Old Feb 29, 2020, 10:27 pm

Programs: CX ows, DL E+
Originally Posted by HarbourGent
In the furthest area from the entrance in Pier J one can snooze away to one's heart's content as I recall.
Yeah that's why I recommend trying that to the OP. Besides, Pier F is now closed unfortunately.
Old Feb 29, 2020, 11:17 pm

Programs: Qantas (Lifetime Gold), PAL (Elite), British Airways (now sadly blue), Cathay MPO DM
You can see why they did it

Thr Wing first, 1:30pm
infinitium likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2020, 12:26 am

Programs: CX Diamond / OWE
Originally Posted by fairhsa

Thr Wing first, 1:30pm
Wow. I have never, ever seen the Wing this empty. It makes me wonder if CX's revenue is down by 90% in February...
Old Mar 3, 2020, 2:48 am

Programs: OneWorld Emerald (BA GGL), *A Silver (Miles & Less), Skyteam Pleb (KLM FlyingBlue), Mucci Platinum
QF lounge

Originally Posted by CXYYZ
Not exactly the question you asked but QF lounge seems to be operating pretty much as usual (buffet, etc.).
Yes, I went through recently too and agree that QF lounge is now the best lounge option (including vs Wing F) from a food perspective, as long as it's after 9:30am.
Old Mar 3, 2020, 8:30 am

Programs: MPC, KF, Accor, SPG, HH
Could anyone confirm if the outport lounges are not serving buffet?
Old Mar 3, 2020, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by Too much travel
Yes, I went through recently too and agree that QF lounge is now the best lounge option (including vs Wing F) from a food perspective, as long as it's after 9:30am.
To be fair some of the Wing a la carte items are still very good - I had the grouper last week and it was very tasty.
Old Mar 3, 2020, 9:55 pm

Programs: MPC-DM, Enrich-Plat
Originally Posted by CXFlyerBoy
Could anyone confirm if the outport lounges are not serving buffet?
BKK was business as usual for the food part.

When I entered the lounge 2 days around 13:45, I was the first to get in. A 1h later, the lounge was packed to the brim. This whole due to CX combining all day and evening flights BKK->HKG in just 2 nearly fully loaded 351's. (And there was another early morning flight for that route, as well all BKK->SIN has been canceled).
Old Mar 7, 2020, 8:42 pm

Programs: CX ows, DL E+
Update from QF, the salad and dessert items are wrapped in plastic, but the buffet spread is still the same

Old Mar 7, 2020, 9:30 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
No change to food offering in Singapore lounge.
Old Mar 11, 2020, 12:18 am

Location: Vancouver, Manila, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Hong Kong
Programs: CX-DM, Marriott Gold, Fairmont Premier
2pm at The Pier J.

Dead quiet...

flubber, fairhsa and infinitium like this.
Old Mar 11, 2020, 1:13 am

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by blum81
2pm at The Pier J.

Dead quiet...

I was there about 8am this morning. It was reasonably busy. Interesting to see your pictures because they are a big contrast to the Pier at 8am this morning, whereby if you’ve been in a hole in the ground the last 3 months and hadn’t heard of coronavirus, AND if you aren’t a regular on Cathay, you probably wouldn’t realize something was amiss. Of course, your 2pm pictures paint a different story.

Based on this, I suspect it is “busiest” during the main transit banks (or what’s left of them), which occur in the morning and evenings.

Now, 8am wasn’t busy by the standard of those of us who know how jam packed these places can get, especially the J lounges .It was extremely pleasant. But there were enough folks in there for it not to feel weird.
flubber and infinitium like this.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 7:30 pm

Location: Vancouver, Manila, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Hong Kong
Programs: CX-DM, Marriott Gold, Fairmont Premier
Wing First Class

Got to the Wing F at around 8:00am. Looking pretty empty.

Now at the Pier J and also pretty empty. Only me and one other gentleman in the F area.
Old Mar 19, 2020, 2:09 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
The Qantas lounge in HK will be closing. No date specified yet, but probably in line with the last QF flight out of HKG which will be by the end of March.

BA passengers (if there are any) will likely be directed to CX lounges.
Old Mar 19, 2020, 3:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by sxc
The Qantas lounge in HK will be closing. No date specified yet, but probably in line with the last QF flight out of HKG which will be by the end of March.

BA passengers (if there are any) will likely be directed to CX lounges.
No more Aussie Char Siu Rice.
allset2travel likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.