Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Short check one bag, check through another bag: not allowed?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2020, 8:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX Gold

I flew KIX-HKG-CRK the other week. Stop over at HKG for one night. Asked checkin counter to check through one bag to CRK, then one to HKG and was told that all bags should go to the same destination. My flight from KIX arrived 1pm in HKG and my flight to CRK leaves at 8am the following day.
Was the checkin staff correct that all bags must go to the same destination?
Old Jan 19, 2020, 9:36 am

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by boybi
I flew KIX-HKG-CRK the other week. Stop over at HKG for one night. Asked checkin counter to check through one bag to CRK, then one to HKG and was told that all bags should go to the same destination. My flight from KIX arrived 1pm in HKG and my flight to CRK leaves at 8am the following day.
Was the checkin staff correct that all bags must go to the same destination?
I had the same response for PVG-HKG-TPE 3.5 years ago with a long, same-day transit in HKG.
Old Jan 20, 2020, 8:13 am

Programs: CX Green | UA Silver | Marriott Lifetime Platinum | Hyatt Globalist | Hilton Gold | AA EXP
I received the same response. All had to go to the same destination. Presumably you're planning to leave the airport so I suggest check everything to HKG and then re-check the one bag before you leave the airport.
Old Jan 20, 2020, 10:58 am

That is correct. If check in staff does it correctly, you will not issue your second boarding pass as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.