Wiki Posts
Search

Standard / Choice Award Availability

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2020, 2:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX DM
Standard / Choice Award Availability

Im looking to book either J or F return from HK...Standard available for outbound but only Choice available for the return. I guess I could just book outbound first....does CX ever move availability from Choice to Standard, FWIW I see plenty of availability in EF.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 3:53 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
//does CX ever move availability from Choice to Standard, FWIW I see plenty of availability in EF.

Of course. Tailored > Choice > Standard

//FWIW I see plenty of availability in EF.

Doesn't matter. Especially if it's Japan. CX behaving like a scalper.
HarbourGent likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 4:21 am
Original Poster

Thanks. Its actually for LHR around holiday season... thinking that CX do this on purpose...no standard both ways.

As for Japan, I've given up trying to redeem with CX - economy standard availability is very poor for NRT / HND with 548 non-existent (although I did snag an AM PE standard recently for 548...only marginally more expensive than PE with Avios / JL)
Old Jan 10, 2020, 4:31 am

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF
Originally Posted by percysmith
//does CX ever move availability from Choice to Standard, FWIW I see plenty of availability in EF.

Of course. Tailored > Choice > Standard

//FWIW I see plenty of availability in EF.

Doesn't matter. Especially if it's Japan. CX behaving like a scalper.
Largely true.

I did see Choice availability turn into standard availability at the very last minute- at under 48 hrs for SIN-HKG-SFO, last week. Roll of the dice- I wouldn’t do it without a backup in place.

OP: how about 2 oneways - ticket the outbound at standard, and waitlist standard for return + hold/ticket the return leg?
Old Jan 10, 2020, 8:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jagmeets
Largely true.

I did see Choice availability turn into standard availability at the very last minute- at under 48 hrs for SIN-HKG-SFO, last week. Roll of the dice- I wouldn’t do it without a backup in place.

OP: how about 2 oneways - ticket the outbound at standard, and waitlist standard for return + hold/ticket the return leg?
I was planning to do that but what do you know....F return in Standard was available today...so I've now booked F Standard both ways!
Old Jan 10, 2020, 8:43 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by jagmeets
Some people here say I'm the reissue king of AM.

I don't have a lot of flexibility. So I ticket Choice. Then opportunistically reissue whenever Standard comes up.
Wongo and tentseller like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.