Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

What time does CX counter at LGW open?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2019, 10:16 am
Original Poster

The title says it all.

Someone might be at airport at 6.30 am which is about 6 hours before departure. Will desk be open for check-in?

Thank you.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 5:00 pm

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_...s/gatwick.html

If that someone has no checked bags, try doing OLCI to get a mobile/self-printed boarding pass.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 7:09 am

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
3 Hours as per the link. LGW is one of the delightful so called fully automated check in and bag drop airports. I've yet not to have some sort of issue.

If someone does arrive at 6.30am and can't check in till 3 hours later, there isn't a lot to do. At the south terminal there are some eateries landside, but I don't know how happy they would be to have you sitting there for 3 hours on 1 cup of coffee. You could try and kill some time in one of the hotel cafe areas. If you want, head to the north terminal via the shuttle train and head to the Costa Coffee in the Premier Inn. It's on the same floor as check in, not the one you walk in to from the ground floor. It's never been busy the mornings I've passed. The Hamptons by Hilton had a cafe area around the corner from their reception. Back at the south terminal I think the Marriot or Hilton had a cafe area too, but it's been a while since I've stayed there. Last time I stayed in a hotel in the south terminal was at the Bloc hotel in the terminal. Maybe you could ask if you could rent a room for 3 hours or so?
Old Aug 2, 2019, 4:13 pm
Original Poster

Many thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.