Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CX845 delayed from JFK

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2019, 11:18 pm
Original Poster

CX845 delayed from JFK

Today's CX845 is expected to depart JFK about 4 hours late; is any compensation to be expected for Emerald passengers booked in F?
Old Jun 16, 2019, 12:13 am

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Not sure where this compensation culture came from. This is not the EU. You can't expect anything from CX simply because the flight is delayed. Schedules don't form part of the CoC, and being a OWE doesn't change a thing. Your best bet is to write to CX after the flight and hope for some gesture of goodwill (usually miles or vouchers), but they're not obligated to.

Beyond that, if you want to be paid every time your flight is delayed, you'll have to consider travel insurance or fly on EU airlines. Even then, it doesn't look like your flight is arriving in HKG that much later than originally scheduled, so I don't think it'll meet the threshold for any sort of payout.
DiamondMile likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2019, 8:07 am

Programs: CX DM / SQ PPS / VN Platinum
Originally Posted by puchong
Today's CX845 is expected to depart JFK about 4 hours late; is any compensation to be expected for Emerald passengers booked in F?
No....
Old Jun 16, 2019, 8:40 am

Programs: CX AS AA
No.

My flight was delayed for about an hour or two on 9th, it was the last flight leaving JFK T8 that day. when I went back to the flagship, the staff was yelling at people that they are closed... CX defs need to improve how they handle delays at JFK...

Is CX contracting AA for their maintenance at JFK?
Old Jun 16, 2019, 9:56 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by tsingtaojohn
No.

My flight was delayed for about an hour or two on 9th, it was the last flight leaving JFK T8 that day. when I went back to the flagship, the staff was yelling at people that they are closed... CX defs need to improve how they handle delays at JFK...

Is CX contracting AA for their maintenance at JFK?
I seriously hope not. AA’s maintenance operation is an absolute mess right now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.