Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge with proper desk

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2019, 4:20 am
Original Poster

Lounge with proper desk

Hi, will be flying CX J out of HKG. Have a few hours layover in HKG and was wondering if there is any CX or QF lounge that has a proper desk and chair setup to work on a laptop in a semi private way.(similiar to the UA cubicle our of EWR). I am not referring to those round chairs as they are not really comfortable to sit in.

Any thoughts?
Old Jun 4, 2019, 5:03 am

Programs: CX MPC, AC Aeroplan
The Bridge near gate 40 has a section with proper desks and chairs for work. It's in a separate "room" so it's not just a bench against the wall with other couches around, quite private. It's on the left side when you face reception (the Bridge has 2 sides and staff usually asks people to go to the right side I don't know why)
Old Jun 5, 2019, 12:44 am

Programs: Cathay Lifetime Diamond
The Wing F has 3 or 4 good desks behind the reception on the right side just past the champagne bar.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 9:45 am

Programs: MPC-DM, Enrich-Plat
Actually, the Bridge office area is more of a communal idea, big room, with tables with some separation, though far from secluded. Especially, if you want to make noise yourself, that might not work (although it could be, you are the only one in there, I not that often see people working there, though admit, I seldom go to the Bridge).

The Pierre F, does have more secluded spaces, with somewhat damping surroundings. Also, quiet when I was in The Pierre F.

From what I read, the office space in The Pierre J has been sacrificed for healthier things in life than alcohol consumption, though I could be wrong.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 5:17 pm

Isn't there office space at Pier J? Just to the right of the entrance? Or has that been replaced?

The Bridge office space is usually very quiet, that whole side of the Bridge is usually fairly peaceful. Also it has the coffee bar next to it if you need caffeine for work purposes.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 8:59 am

Programs: MPC-DM, Enrich-Plat
And at the moment, the office cubicals in The Pierre F are packed.......
Old Jun 6, 2019, 11:06 am

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by lionelhutz
Isn't there office space at Pier J? Just to the right of the entrance? Or has that been replaced?
I think that's the new yoga zone?
Old Jun 6, 2019, 6:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by lionelhutz
Originally Posted by ernestnywang
I think that's the new yoga zone?
Yes, that is the new yoga zone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.