Wiki Posts
Search

London to Manila ticket prices

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2019, 12:12 pm
Original Poster

London to Manila ticket prices

Hello,

I'm new to the Marco Polo Club forum so apologies if this type of question has been answered before.

I'm looking to book flights from London to Manila in September in economy. Very recently return flights seemed to be around £500 GBP (including a Saturday night stay) for most of the year however every date between May and December now seems to be around the £1000 mark.

I appreciate that fares do fluctuate however it seems that prices have universally double across the board. Is it best to hold out for now in the hope that Cathay will reduce the prices again? I can get similar oneworld options for around £550 now, however I'd much rather fly on CX.

Any advice would be much appreciated.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 12:43 pm

Programs: MPC-DM, Enrich-Plat
Same for me, EU ->HKG -> Asia. 2 Weeks ago, I had to book for November - December (ie 7-8 months out) and only a few days later, return J pricing went up nearly $1000. Normally, I can book 3 months out and still have the lowest I booking class price available.

This may have everything to do with the Vietnam mistake fares from a few months ago. F and largely J to the US got heavily booked, with the result that a lot of Asian people now do HKG -> EU for their holiday and visit the US next year or so.

You may want to try end of August, that may give some availability.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 10:13 am
Suspended

Programs: CX DM. BA Gold
Try ex AMS on a seperate Easyjet connection

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.