Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Flying on KA and CX and crediting miles on QF and AS

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2019, 7:12 pm
Original Poster

Hi all,
I am flying from DAD/HKG/YVR/HKD/DAD next month on KA and CX. I was hoping to credit miles on AS but it seems like AS does not have a mileage agreement with KA.
Is there any chance I can credit miles for QF for DAD/HKG/DAD portion and credit to AS for HKG/YVR/HKG portion? and How can I do that? Do I need to call the reservation office or should I do that at each port??

Thanks in advance for your help!
Old Feb 25, 2019, 9:00 pm

Programs: UA*S, AA Plat, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Just input different ffp numbers at OLCI, it should allow you to do that per-segment.
Isochronous likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 4:06 pm

Also check that your traveling class is valid for QF accrual.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 6:51 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat
Originally Posted by cdgbear
Hi all,
I am flying from DAD/HKG/YVR/HKD/DAD next month on KA and CX. I was hoping to credit miles on AS but it seems like AS does not have a mileage agreement with KA.
Is there any chance I can credit miles for QF for DAD/HKG/DAD portion and credit to AS for HKG/YVR/HKG portion? and How can I do that? Do I need to call the reservation office or should I do that at each port??

Go to cathaypacific.com, manage my bookings, load up your itinerary, go to the frequent flyer section and you can assign each segment an unique frequent flyer #.

if you have a middle name in your reservation, put it in the First Name field, otherwse CX Manage My Bookings will not load your reservation.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 3:57 am

Programs: Cathay, JGC
Originally Posted by cdgbear
Hi all,

Recently did the DAD/HKG/JFK/HKG/DAD myself. FYR, I took out my FFP numbers when booking, retro credited the outbound to JAL and showed my MPC card on the inbound at check in and both worked fine.

Sidenote. Check if you'll need a visa to re-enter Vietnam within 30 days.

Have a good trip! 😄
Old Feb 27, 2019, 8:53 am
Original Poster

Thanks guys! It worked!!!
Thanks for a tip about Vietnam Visa. I have Australian and French passports and I will use a different passport for outbound/inbound.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.