Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

HKG: Exiting the airport after going to the lounge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 19, 2019, 3:31 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: kaka
as long as one has an intention to fly and has a long(%) transit immd is not gonna take you to court for going for a shower and some food after getting off a flight that arrives at 5am (or whenever your flight is).

However, dont expect you can be taken care of quickly if you need to get out before 10am during the morning bank of flights.

No comments for other reasons for using the lounge and back out - do at your own risks.

(%)- assuming you spend min 2 hours in lounge (spare more time for getting out in the morning) after arrivals to shower, eat, and wait for staff to walk you out + returning 1 hours before flight + 1.5 hours for the 2-way airport express trip, you’re looking at killing 6 hours before you can do anything in town. YMMV.
Print Wikipost

HKG: Exiting the airport after going to the lounge

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2019, 11:23 am
Suspended

Programs: None any more
Originally Posted by kaka
if one really want to to dodgy things with a passport, you can always carry a 2nd or 3rd passport- i have yet to find a ground agent checking ones entry/exit record to the boarding pass. and many hkers exit with HKID but travel with a passport issued by another country, it is unlikely any checks are done behind the scene. forbidding backtracking hardly solve any of that problem.
That's not the issue. The issue is people checking in for a flight then passing a false passport and their boarding pass to someone who is in transit to enable them to board a plane to a country for which they don't have a visa so that they can claim asylum. The person then exits the departure area claiming a change of plans. The systems at the airport are not (yet) joined up enough to prevent this. Google for several reports in the SCMP and elsewhere of the people caught doing this. I guess that for each one caught there are many who are not.

I'm sorry if this sort of criminal activity is above your payscale (to use ashkale's phrase) but it's the sort of thing that I expect HK Airport regulations to do their best to counter. And if it upsets people who want to use departure lounges on arrival then that's just tough.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 11:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
There is passport scan, face scan and boarding pass scan before being admitted to exit security.
kaka and ashkale like this.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 11:45 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by christep
That's not the issue. The issue is people checking in for a flight then passing a false passport and their boarding pass to someone who is in transit to enable them to board a plane to a country for which they don't have a visa so that they can claim asylum. The person then exits the departure area claiming a change of plans. The systems at the airport are not (yet) joined up enough to prevent this. Google for several reports in the SCMP and elsewhere of the people caught doing this. I guess that for each one caught there are many who are not.

I'm sorry if this sort of criminal activity is above your payscale (to use ashkale's phrase) but it's the sort of thing that I expect HK Airport regulations to do their best to counter. And if it upsets people who want to use departure lounges on arrival then that's just tough.
thanks for listing the crime out (its in public domain anyways) but i think they are doing more than what they really need to do for the same crime.
i have a feeling they dont crosscheck with who entered airside at gatecheck- i might be wrong, they might have - all BP are scanned afterall.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 4:20 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
This topic has been exhaustively discussed and is now closed.

sxc
Cathay Pacific Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.