Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

compensation for 5 hr delay and diversion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

compensation for 5 hr delay and diversion

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2019, 8:01 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
I agree that $150 seems very generous when really nothing was due.
kaka and nightkhan like this.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 9:15 am

Programs: CX DM, SPG Pt, Le Club Accor GO, Shangri-La GC Jade
Maybe OP can ask CX for the identity of that deplane passenger and file a civil claim against him in American court if that guy is an American (just kidding)

Seems most of the problem was caused by that deplane passenger and his luggage. Without the deplane delay maybe no crew change needed and thus less refuel stop time...

My conclusion: US$150 for 30 mins delay by CX is overly generous from my point of view
kaka and nightkhan like this.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 4:33 pm

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF
Was discussed on the other thread- this flight had
a fuel pit stops on quite a few days- almost all at BKK, except on the 12th, when it went via SIN.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cath...g-bkk-why.html
Old Feb 14, 2019, 8:23 pm

Programs: CX GO, AC Aeroplan 25K, AMEX PLAT, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire Amb
With the high temperature and high altitude at JNB the aircraft sometimes can't carry all the payload (passengers, baggage and cargo) along with the required fuel for the flight due to the take off performance of the airacft at the high weight and high altitude (think thinner air).

Safety has already been mentioned - CX is not going to sacrifice safety and risk running into a low fuel situation (increase fuel burn enroute can happen due to weather deviations, air traffic control, etc.).

That leaves CX with 2 options.
1) Refuel Stop with some delay
2) Bumping passengers or bags, which would mean you have to either fly the next day or connect somewhere along the way to get to HKG.

Pick the option you want.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.