Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

This is the busiest time of the year and we had opened every counter.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

This is the busiest time of the year and we had opened every counter.

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2019, 3:40 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by G-CIVC
Flying out of HKG tonight. The counters behind FCL zone are designated for JCL as I can see

Not that it matters when there are less than 5 pax in total for both sides of Aisle B when I passed through at around 9pm...
This weeks traffic is somewhat different to last weeks CNY traffic.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 3:48 pm

The squeaky wheel gets the grease...
Old Feb 13, 2019, 6:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by G-CIVC
Flying out of HKG tonight. The counters behind FCL zone are designated for JCL as I can see

Not that it matters when there are less than 5 pax in total for both sides of Aisle B when I passed through at around 9pm...
Right. This is the norm. Didn't I say "Busiest time of the year"? Didn't you see the pictures above, taken at about 8.05 am 2nd Feb 2019?

(Audio)
kaka likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 6:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Audio
It is perfectly fine if the management refuse to see this as a problem. As a responsible passenger, I just provide them good feedback.
i dont think giving feedback on FT constitute it. complaining out loud or w in quiet words at the airport would nonetheless. i dont care if others fly cx either- neither do i normally except when i need to go to osaka, especially if i need to arrive before dinner time.

that said, they may have taken the advice albeit late.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 9:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kaka

i dont think giving feedback on FT constitute it. complaining out loud or w in quiet words at the airport would nonetheless. i dont care if others fly cx either- neither do i normally except when i need to go to osaka, especially if i need to arrive before dinner time.

that said, they may have taken the advice albeit late.
Whether the CX management takes the issue seriously and resolve it next year, it's their call. Complaining out loud to the staff when the inefficiencies were occuring is not effective, the management will not hear of it.

This is not the first time I bring issues to FT:-

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cath...r-cabin-3.html

That was the warm EY cabin that I brought to attention in FT. Not as a complaint but as good constructive feedback to tackle a problem that no management would know. I referenced this thread in the CX survey when they asked for my feedback for the flight I took CX711 15 Jan 2018. After that, I have never experienced any EY warm cabin issue; I do take quite a fair bit of CX flights there after...enough to get me Gold until 2020. No diamond? Well, SQ's fares has been attractive lately, the food's better.........and no 10-Abreast seating to avoid.

For CNY 2020, I will be leaving on SQ861, 23rd Jan 2020. We can take a look at Row B again and see if things has improve for CX passengers during the busiest time of the year. And we can come back to this discussion again, after all, I want CX to be successful.

(Audio)
Old Feb 14, 2019, 12:58 am
Suspended

Whether the CX management takes the issue seriously and resolve it next year, it's their call. Complaining out loud to the staff when the inefficiencies were occuring is not effective, the management will not hear of it.

This is not the first time I bring issues to FT:-

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cath...r-cabin-3.html

That was the warm EY cabin that I brought to attention in FT. Not as a complaint but as good constructive feedback to tackle a problem that no management would know. I referenced this thread in the CX survey when they asked for my feedback for the flight I took CX711 15 Jan 2018. After that, I have never experienced any EY warm cabin issue; I do take quite a fair bit of CX flights there after...enough to get me Gold until 2020. No diamond? Well, SQ's fares has been attractive lately, the food's better.........and no 10-Abreast seating to avoid.

For CNY 2020, I will be leaving on SQ861, 23rd Jan 2020. We can take a look at Row B again and see if things has improve for CX passengers during the busiest time of the year. And we can come back to this discussion again, after all, I want CX to be successful.

(Audio)
tbh CX rarely has hot cabins unlike JAL
Old Feb 14, 2019, 3:48 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador (Titanium Lifetime), BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
As a OWE, who has been at HKG with similar queues in the last few weeks (I flew out on the night of the 1st Feb and it looked nearly identical) I always appreciate that the first class desks don't have a queue, and there are so many of them, I can speed right through... :P. As a note, even when it isn't busy at the airport express terminal the business class queue can seem longer than economy, thankfully those 2 F queues come in handy!

To the OP - it sounds unlucky that 6 people took so long, there must have been something complex, but that is just life sometimes. The point you are trying to make would be somewhat undone if the same logic was also applied to those travelling in economy, who would probably consider 20 minutes a fairly quick time if they are used to budget airlines, would be asking for the business class queue.... As such, I think you just have to live with it, the 2nd February was probably Cathay's busiest day of the year and they prioritised as they saw fit, 20 minutes queuing time wouldn't make you miss a flight at HKG. I presume you got through security in less than ten minutes after so life isn't too bad really compared to getting the train to China...
kaka likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 7:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by littlevoices
As a OWE, who has been at HKG with similar queues in the last few weeks (I flew out on the night of the 1st Feb and it looked nearly identical) I always appreciate that the first class desks don't have a queue, and there are so many of them, I can speed right through... :P. As a note, even when it isn't busy at the airport express terminal the business class queue can seem longer than economy, thankfully those 2 F queues come in handy!

To the OP - it sounds unlucky that 6 people took so long, there must have been something complex, but that is just life sometimes. The point you are trying to make would be somewhat undone if the same logic was also applied to those travelling in economy, who would probably consider 20 minutes a fairly quick time if they are used to budget airlines, would be asking for the business class queue.... As such, I think you just have to live with it, the 2nd February was probably Cathay's busiest day of the year and they prioritised as they saw fit, 20 minutes queuing time wouldn't make you miss a flight at HKG. I presume you got through security in less than ten minutes after so life isn't too bad really compared to getting the train to China...
I say again, I am a patient man. I am not the ones who complained. This served as my feedback, hopefully so that they will do something better the next time. I am not saying put in less First class counters but surely the assignments could be more dynamic than letting 10 check-in counters stay idle. This can be a win-win situation for all OWE, Diamond MPC, J-Class and MPC passengers.

(Audio)
Old Feb 14, 2019, 10:02 am

Programs: CX MPC DM
I departed from HKG on Feb 1, arrived early afternoon for check-in. F check-in had a small queue, 3 people waiting. J area had no queue so I went over there.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 11:22 am

Programs: AA Plat, MPC Silver, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by sxc

Normally at other check in counters/airports the F or J desk will wave the lower classes to check in. However the layout at HKG makes it harder. The CX staff monitoring the queue should have seen the empty counters and waved the J pax to those counters.
I don't understand why people are blaming the OP here. I agree with SXC.

It is a standard practice everywhere I have been to wave the next person in line to the free counter. Rather than pulling random people who were complaining louder, the staff should have sent the ones in the front of the line.
kaka, rickywk and Gongzuokuang like this.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 7:44 pm
Original Poster

tbh CX rarely has hot cabins unlike JAL
Unfortunately, not rare enough for me that I could maintain a 3-page thread reporting from Oct 2017 to Jan 2018. So many times that I had to equip myself with a thermometer to prove my point.

(Audio)
Old Feb 15, 2019, 1:21 am
Suspended

Unfortunately, not rare enough for me that I could maintain a 3-page thread reporting from Oct 2017 to Jan 2018. So many times that I had to equip myself with a thermometer to prove my point.

(Audio)
if you feel warm, let the crew know. i do that every time and it works like a charm
Old Feb 15, 2019, 1:33 am
Original Poster

if you feel warm, let the crew know. i do that every time and it works like a charm
Absolutely, didn't you read in the thread we told the crew each time we felt warm?

Isn't it better to had found the root cause to the EY warming issue and from then on, everyone can enjoy their EY flights in cool air-con comfort.....than to hide your head in the sand.....and made yourself a pain in the ... for the Cabin Crew, consistently complaining about the EY temperature?

(Audio)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.