Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Yoga in Pier J before flying and access to Pure Fitness in HK downtown after arrival

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Yoga in Pier J before flying and access to Pure Fitness in HK downtown after arrival

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2019, 2:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX DM, SPG Pt, Le Club Accor GO, Shangri-La GC Jade

Just got this MPC update...

Enjoy enhanced wellbeing before, during and after your flight

We’re pleased to announce the opening of The Sanctuary by Pure Yoga, the new wellness retreat in The Pier Business Class Lounge and the first dedicated yoga and meditation space at Hong Kong International Airport. Designed in partnership with Pure Yoga, The Sanctuary is the perfect place to stretch, relax, and rejuvenate body and mind before you fly – and this wellness experience will continue inflight and after you arrive in Hong Kong.

In the lounge
Relax to a meditation track as you sit in a cushioned pod. Or try ‘Trataka’ – a form of gazing meditation that will improve your focus and calm your mind. If you’d prefer to stretch, you can practice yoga at your own pace in the private yoga room or follow along with a Pure Yoga teacher on video. There’s also a seated stretching zone that offers guidance on different exercises to improve circulation and enhance joint mobility.Please click here for more details.

On your flight
In the air, you can extend your sense of peace with Travel Well with Yoga, a series of yoga and meditation videos by Pure on our inflight entertainment system.

After arrival
After arriving in Hong Kong, you can recharge your body and mind with one-day access to any Pure Fitness centre or a choice of any Pure Yoga class – either on the day you arrive or the day after and up to 12 times in a calendar year. You can also choose to enjoy a 10-day, unlimited-access trial at Pure, or sign-up and upgrade privileges, including 50% off the joining fee, a complimentary upgrade to an All Asia package, and more.

We look forward to welcoming you to The Sanctuary by Pure Yoga before your next trip and hope you’ll enjoy a complete wellness journey with us.

Terms and Conditions
  1. The offer of one-day access to one Pure Fitness or one class at any Pure Yoga studio in Hong Kong is available for Gold members and above. Members must present a valid Marco Polo Club membership card and Cathay Pacific or Cathay Dragon boarding pass (digital or printed) of their flight to Hong Kong to enjoy the offers.
    • Members are advised to book a Pure Yoga class or Group Fitness class in advance by calling the Pure Yoga studio or Pure Fitness centre they'll be visiting.
    • Members can enjoy the offer on the day they arrive in Hong Kong or the day after.
  2. The trial privilege – complimentary 10-day unlimited access – is only available to first-time Pure visitors aged 18 years or above in all Pure locations in Hong Kong.
  3. The sign-up and upgrade privileges are available to all Marco Polo Club members in all Pure locations in Hong Kong, Singapore and Shanghai. Members should present a valid Marco Polo Club membership to enjoy the offers.
    • Sign-up privileges include a complimentary upgrade to an All Asia package, 50% off the joining fee, five personal training sessions at a special rate of HKD3,250, and 25% off a nood food juice cleanse.
    • The 50% discount on the joining fee is valid only with a 6- or 12-month Pure contract.
    • The complimentary upgrade to an All Asia package is valid only with signing up a 12-month Hong Kong, Singapore or Shanghai All Locations Yoga & Fitness package. This offer is also available to existing Pure Cardholders if they re-sign and upgrade to a 12-month Hong Kong, Singapore or Shanghai All Locations Yoga & Fitness package.
    • The All Asia package includes access to all Pure Yoga & Pure Fitness locations in Hong Kong, Shanghai, Singapore and Taipei.
    • The special rate of HKD3,250 for five personal training sessions is valid only for first-time personal training clients.
  4. Offers are non-transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash, discounts or other products.
  5. In case of dispute, the decision of Marco Polo Club and Pure International (HK) Ltd shall be final and binding.
What interest me most is the offering of access to Pure Fitness "in replacement of" an arrival lounge for GO and above....

Last edited by sscywong; Jan 28, 2019 at 2:10 am Reason: Formatting
Old Jan 28, 2019, 2:13 am

Programs: GFF Plat, CX DM, SQ TPPS, AS 75K
Where will the yoga room be do you think? Couldn't figure it out from the email
royng likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 2:16 am
Suspended

Programs: Taiwan is a country.
What kind of champagne will be served?
Old Jan 28, 2019, 2:39 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Yes I couldn’t figure out where the “room” is. Did they use the sleeping area at the end? I hope not...

And honestly who is going to use this? If there’s no trainers there I bet it ends up a kids play area.
royng and infinitium like this.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 2:41 am

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by sxc
Yes I couldn’t figure out where the “room” is. Did they use the sleeping area at the end? I hope not...

And honestly who is going to use this? If there’s no trainers there I bet it ends up a kids play area.
I was wondering if they're using the sleeping / resting area in back?

I'd be thrilled if they expanded the lounge space via expansion....we never heard of any construction going on in existing areas no?
Old Jan 28, 2019, 2:45 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

I do see the relaxation room is still featured on the lounge website so fingers crossed it hasn’t been removed.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 3:37 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
are there swarms of flies back there
Sohoboy likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 5:11 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
My good old reliable friend Danny at SCMP has informed me that the IT zone at the Pier J was taken out for this. The workstations have been relocated to the room behind the main buffet.
infinitium likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 6:16 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Very nice - only can do yoga if you’re a novice like me - by following the TV instructions but it is hard

Main yoga area

Semi-private yoga area

Audio relaxation

Old IT hub
G-CIVC likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 6:24 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Is this going to be permanent? I wonder how much Pure has paid for this.

Remember the old playstation room at the Wing? Will this end up being as barren as that room?

One barrier for success I see is whether people are going to bring yoga gear in their hand carry in order to do this. If you are a HK resident starting your trip, it just doesn’t seem like something you would plan to do. And transit passengers are less likely to know this is something they should prepare for.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 6:33 am

Programs: Aeroflot Bonus - Gold, Marco Polo - Silver
As a point of reference, the Yoga room in the Skyteam lounge was converted into a TV room last year due to lack of demand.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 6:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
At entry to Pier J, counter on you right, head straight to windows and the entrance to scantuary is on your right. Under renovation sign on roped off curtains as of Jan 27.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 7:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX DM, SPG Pt, Le Club Accor GO, Shangri-La GC Jade
Originally Posted by sxc
Is this going to be permanent? I wonder how much Pure has paid for this.

Remember the old playstation room at the Wing? Will this end up being as barren as that room?

One barrier for success I see is whether people are going to bring yoga gear in their hand carry in order to do this. If you are a HK resident starting your trip, it just doesn’t seem like something you would plan to do. And transit passengers are less likely to know this is something they should prepare for.
Guess it's the other way round... CX need Pure to grant GO and above one day access when arriving HK....
Old Jan 28, 2019, 8:34 am

Programs: AA Plat, CX Silver
I could see using it. I'm assuming their video instructions don't require any props so there's no need to bring gear as long as you don't mind using one of the provided mats (which yes, ick, but with a shower after it'd be fine).

I often find myself desperately in need of some serious stretching after a long flight and if it's also a quiet area for a meditation practice that's an added bonus. Nobody ever seemed to use the IT Zone anyways.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 8:38 am

Programs: Aeroplan
I think this is a nice marketing partnership for both PURE and CX. However, hard to see how this will become a permanent fixture. A gym would have been more practical but I can't see that fitting into a CX lounge environment either.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.