Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Booked more than 1 F reward seats from HKG to JFK...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2018, 8:03 pm
Original Poster

Hi everyone, I know CX normally releases only 1 F reward seats in advance and maybe release another near (maybe 1-2 weeks) departure, but has anyone had any luck booking 3 F's with miles from HKG to JFK (whether you did it in increments or however you did it)? If not, did you have any luck booking 1 F & 2 J's on the same flight? Thanks for your input!
Old Nov 28, 2018, 9:47 pm

You can definitely get one F early on and possibly a second F within two weeks of departure. A third is harder but not impossible as sometimes they will release two seats close to departure. But it is risky as you’d need two seats to open on the same flight you have the initial seat booked on. 1F and 2J is very predictable a year in advance as they routinely release 5J seats on a flight.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 9:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Merlinrnr
You can definitely get one F early on and possibly a second F within two weeks of departure. A third is harder but not impossible as sometimes they will release two seats close to departure. But it is risky as you’d need two seats to open on the same flight you have the initial seat booked on. 1F and 2J is very predictable a year in advance as they routinely release 5J seats on a flight.
Great, thanks for the info Merlinrnr! I just have one follow up question: I plan on using AA miles...Let's say I book 1F & 2J's and as date approaches departure, and another F or 2 opens, how do I switch the J's to F's? Thanks!
Old Nov 28, 2018, 10:12 pm

With AA miles you just call and upgrade the reservation. They will then deduct the necessary miles. Also the $125 change fee is waived for upgrading from J to F.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 10:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Merlinrnr
With AA miles you just call and upgrade the reservation. They will then deduct the necessary miles. Also the $125 change fee is waived for upgrading from J to F.
Wow, that's quite simple! Thanks for the very helpful info Merlinrnr!!
Old Nov 29, 2018, 3:24 pm

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
This is actually an AA question. OP's question was answered. I am closing this thread.

cxfan1960
CX CoMod

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.