Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Double miles

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2018, 7:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
Double miles

You have to wonder how desperate some airlines are or how bad passenger loads must be. Just received an email from CX advising a Double Miles promotion for travel between Australia and Asia if completed by year-end - https://www.asiamiles.com/en/discove...sia-miles-1811
Old Nov 5, 2018, 11:11 pm

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
CX used to do that very often about 10 years ago. They had fewer 2X or 3X offers these years.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 11:20 pm
Original Member

Programs: CX DM, JGC Sapphire, FWC Gold
I guess most ex-Australia flyers will credit their flights to QF if they can, so I guess this is more a promotion to recruit new members
Old Nov 7, 2018, 9:04 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium, CX DM, SQ Gold
Originally Posted by Chatter
I guess most ex-Australia flyers will credit their flights to QF if they can, so I guess this is more a promotion to recruit new members
Right. It is clearly targeted at Australian residents.
Terms and Conditions
  1. This offer is only applicable to members residing in Australia.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 7:51 pm

Programs: MPC CXGO, IHG RA
Just did 2 ex-SYD round trip before the promotion.. which means I missed 20K am. Sad

Well, I guess the loading isn't that bad tbh. I was on CX162 2 weeks ago and it was completely full. Other flights I was on still had at least 70% of the seats taken.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 8:20 pm

Programs: QF SG(LTS) - AA LTG(1MM)
Given the prices exAustralia (actually on all airlines) versus corresponding flights from elsewhere (oK maybe not HKG) I can understand why CX might need some additional incentive to obtain passengers....

My gripe (other than CX flight costs) is when I do look at flights to PER from my normal overseas return points, the direct HKG-PER flights are often more expensive than flights transiting ADL or MEL with domestic legs on QF. One would think transferring one of the (less used) multiple frequencies from MEL (5x weekly in stead of daily on one flight) to PER might be profitable for CX. Especially since HKG-PER is now code-shared with QF (prices no bargain).

Consider a one way CMB-PER. Pricewise no one else competes with Air Asia. But given a reluctance to fly on an LCC, the following is normally far more useful in re-qualification.
Z class on MH CMB-KUL-DPS // overnight at Novotel DPS // JQ MAX fare DPS-PER Definite better return on QF or on a combination of CX and QF in terms of "re-qualification points" and not a great deal of difference (there is a bit) in total cost.

Just wandering

Fred

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.