Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LAX check-in

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2018, 1:54 am
Original Poster

LAX check-in

I have an AA flight arriving into LAX with a <24 hour overnight connection to a CX F LAX-HKG the next day. Same ticket.
Has anyone done this before with checked bags?
If so, will they keep them at LAX overnight, or will I have to collect them and check the next day? Or, can I re-check the same day so I don't have to carry them to my hotel?

I have been able to check luggage at HKG the day prior a CX F flight within <24 hours of departure. No problem with keeping bags overnight. LAX may be a different story.

Thankyou.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by Kangol
I have an AA flight arriving into LAX with a <24 hour overnight connection to a CX F LAX-HKG the next day. Same ticket.
Has anyone done this before with checked bags?
If so, will they keep them at LAX overnight, or will I have to collect them and check the next day? Or, can I re-check the same day so I don't have to carry them to my hotel?

I have been able to check luggage at HKG the day prior a CX F flight within <24 hours of departure. No problem with keeping bags overnight. LAX may be a different story.

Thankyou.
Hi,

I think AA has a 12 hour connection allowance for through bags check in ( ie if your connection at LAX is more than 12 hours then you will need to collect the bags at LAX)

Regards

TBS
Old Oct 14, 2018, 7:38 am

Programs: AA UA DL AS CXDM JL NH Hilton Hyatt Marriott SPG IHG
You'll have to take it out, for the return flight if the counter is open then you can definitely check the bags. Done that many times on a back to back same day flight.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 9:38 pm

As long as counter is still open, I believe they would accept your luggage.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 2:16 am
Original Poster

Thankyou for your replies. Looks like I am out of luck with the timing - get there at 3pm, leave the next day at 11am. Thanks anyway.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.