Cathay checkin Qs at HKG

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2018, 12:47 pm
PxC
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Gold, Caesars Diamond
Cathay checkin Qs at HKG

We are travelling HKG - Ho Chi Minh later today (J), a few questions please

1. How early can we check in at the airport, flight is at 1620? Not going via Kowloon/HKG stations

2. If we can check in 5-6-7 hours before, will we be allowed in the lounges that early?

3. I am OW Emerald, will the person I’m traveling with (same PNR) be allowed in the First Class section of the Pier with me?

Thanks
Old Sep 28, 2018, 1:57 pm

Programs: AA, CX, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by PxC

1. How early can we check in at the airport, flight is at 1620? Not going via Kowloon/HKG stations

2. If we can check in 5-6-7 hours before, will we be allowed in the lounges that early?

3. I am OW Emerald, will the person I’m traveling with (same PNR) be allowed in the First Class section of the Pier with me?

Thanks
1. Same day is fine.
2. and 3. yes. No need to be same PNR, regardless of cabin.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 4:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

You can access any of the Cathay F/J lounges as well as the Qantas Lounge.

Whilst you mentioned the pier, the Wing F is also excellent ( the Pier J is excellent also) and in fact all the lounges are very good.

With 6-7 hours I would explore some of the lounges.

Enjoy!

Regards

TBS
Old Sep 28, 2018, 4:36 pm
PxC
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies In hindsight I should of used the lounge thread, apologies.

Just one final question, is it possible to use a cabana, the ones with the Bath in them? Can’t remember if it’s the wing or pier, but I remember something about CX PAX or first class only or something?

Thanks
Old Sep 28, 2018, 5:14 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by PxC
Thanks for the replies In hindsight I should of used the lounge thread, apologies.

Just one final question, is it possible to use a cabana, the ones with the Bath in them? Can’t remember if it’s the wing or pier, but I remember something about CX PAX or first class only or something?

Thanks
anyone/couple can use it.
but please noise at a discrete level, thanks
fakecd likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 7:48 pm

Programs: AA, CX, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by PxC

Thanks
It is at Wing F. Note that the waiting list might be long during peak hours.
Old Sep 29, 2018, 2:49 pm

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
Originally Posted by PxC

Thanks
They are in Wing F. Whoever can access the F lounge can use it. I believe there are only five rooms. Wait can be very long at times.
Old Sep 30, 2018, 2:21 am

Programs: Emirates Skywards Silver
Originally Posted by PxC

Thanks
Why on earth would you want to check in 7 hours before a flight ? However nice the lounges are, I would still prefer to spend that length of time in the city and then catch the Airport Express back to HKIA

Last edited by steveben53; Sep 30, 2018 at 2:22 am Reason: typo correction
Old Sep 30, 2018, 10:58 pm
PxC
Original Poster

Originally Posted by steveben53
Why on earth would you want to check in 7 hours before a flight ? However nice the lounges are, I would still prefer to spend that length of time in the city and then catch the Airport Express back to HKIA
Didn't really rate Hong Hong tbh, and was quite happy to go the airport and eat/drink for free while getting work done.

The wing was a let down compared to what I was expecting. Add to that the toilets were filthy and tables were not being cleaned away (champangne bar, also in the Pier lounge there were glasses plates lying around and it wasn't busy). The Pier was better, but I rated Qatars LHR above both. Maybe my expectations were too high/it's just me, the lounges still offer more than Doha, or BA at Heathrow, but they are talked up a lot. There is also a noticable difference in staff attitude/friendliness in a lot of cases (I don't think the First Class checking lady smiled once) but that maybe a cultural thing.

Last edited by PxC; Sep 30, 2018 at 11:05 pm
Old Oct 1, 2018, 2:23 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by PxC
Didn't really rate Hong Hong tbh, and was quite happy to go the airport and eat/drink for free while getting work done.

The wing was a let down compared to what I was expecting. Add to that the toilets were filthy and tables were not being cleaned away (champangne bar, also in the Pier lounge there were glasses plates lying around and it wasn't busy). The Pier was better, but I rated Qatars LHR above both. Maybe my expectations were too high/it's just me, the lounges still offer more than Doha, or BA at Heathrow, but they are talked up a lot. There is also a noticable difference in staff attitude/friendliness in a lot of cases (I don't think the First Class checking lady smiled once) but that maybe a cultural thing.
it is totally cultural. if they started asking about my day i would either feel it to be intrusive or be annoyed to answer. yeh sometimes they are too stonefaved but i find it no different from many other who is in the service industry.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.