Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Does CX provide Fast track coupon to J passengers at BKK?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2018, 11:55 am
Original Poster

Pardon some basic questions as I very seldom go to Thailand.

If a passengers flies CX J to BKK I would assume that he gets a fast track coupon, correct? I am asking because I just read from New fast track Policies that possibly not all airlines do so.

Next question is whether a fast track coupon helps much in terms of queuing at immigration - arrival will be about midnight. If queues are long, is there a fast track service that is worth using?

Thank you.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 1:11 pm

Programs: Marco Polo Club; Asia Miles
My last trip(12/17) from HKG - BKK do issue fast tack coupon for J.

I have not used nor observed the standard line(complete difference entrance from Fast Track) for immigration in BKK but from what I heard, it's based on your luck. Sometimes fast track can take longer due to lots of passengers using Fast Track coupon. BTW, on arrival, Fast Track entrance has more walking distance as compared with Standard line.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 2:06 pm

Programs: AS 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Flew CX HKG-BKK in J on 8/29 and was given a fast track coupon onboard. Flew PE on the way back and was given a fast track coupon at BKK check-in for being a OWE.
tobikosan likes this.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 10:52 pm

Programs: CX DM/OWE, Marriott Titanium, Avis Preferred, National EE
Yes you do get a fast track coupon. Just to let you know the fast track counters are in a totally separate area from the regular immigration counters. Entrance is further over. I have found usually its pretty quick, but that just may be my luck..
Old Sep 4, 2018, 11:00 pm

Programs: CX Diamond / OWE
Originally Posted by IncyWincy

If a passengers flies CX J to BKK I would assume that he gets a fast track coupon, correct? I am asking because I just read from New fast track Policies that possibly not all airlines do so.

Next question is whether a fast track coupon helps much in terms of queuing at immigration - arrival will be about midnight. If queues are long, is there a fast track service that is worth using?

Thank you.
Yes, you will definitely get a fast-track coupon on CX J.

Since you will have to walk a little further to the fast track immigration area, you will pass by the normal immigration queues. If the queues look short, I will just go for it and skip the extra walk to the fast track area.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 1:33 am

Programs: MPC-DM, Enrich-Plat
Originally Posted by IncyWincy

Thank you.
I do request for wheelchair support at airports and in BKK, these supporters often use the normal immigration booths, simply because there is so much demand for priority, the normal queues are faster. I don't know about midnight arrivals, though I would expect midnight arrivals to be not that crowded, at least significantly less then the (early) morning arrivals. That said, the midnight departures might be quite busy.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 10:38 am
Original Poster

Thank you very much.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 5:42 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by flubber
Yes, you will definitely get a fast-track coupon on CX J.

Since you will have to walk a little further to the fast track immigration area, you will pass by the normal immigration queues. If the queues look short, I will just go for it and skip the extra walk to the fast track area.
For perspective the "extra walk" is about 50 feet past the entrance to immigration, just after the mobs at visa on arrival.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 9:13 pm

Programs: MPC-DM, Enrich-Plat
Originally Posted by ricktoronto
For perspective the "extra walk" is about 50 feet past the entrance to immigration, just after the mobs at visa on arrival.
For those not minding an additional hike of some 200 meters, BKK does have 2 immigration area's. The one closest to the LH international arrivals/departures area (Concourse EFG) and the one towards the other half of the airport. The one further away from concours EFG is often deserted, even when the one at the EFG side is packed. This applies to arrivals.

For departures, it is the opposite around, the immigration area to the side of concours EFG is the less used one (due to the layout/location of the LH international check-in area's. So, after check-in move all the way to the other side of the departure hall and your immigration handling will be fast
OneWorldLoyalist likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 2:50 pm

When OWE and flying in Y, sometimes the fast track coupon is not automatically offered (sometimes the ground or cabin crew may have forgotten) - usually a polite request will get you that.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 9:05 pm

Programs: CX DM/OWE, Marriott Titanium, Avis Preferred, National EE
Originally Posted by carrotjuice
When OWE and flying in Y, sometimes the fast track coupon is not automatically offered (sometimes the ground or cabin crew may have forgotten) - usually a polite request will get you that.
Yup. As a diamond when I fly to BKK in Y sometimes I have to politely remind the ISM. I finally got Thailand on my APEC Card though so dont really need this anymore!
Old Sep 7, 2018, 10:50 am

Does anybody know if KA offer fast track cards at Chiang Mai ? For J passengers?
Old Sep 8, 2018, 2:49 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by SW7London
Does anybody know if KA offer fast track cards at Chiang Mai ? For J passengers?
do they even issue those to premium passengers at CNX?
Old Sep 8, 2018, 10:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Cambo
I don't know about midnight arrivals, though I would expect midnight arrivals to be not that crowded, at least significantly less then the (early) morning arrivals.
There are huge crowds at inbound BKK immigration around midnight.
Old Sep 8, 2018, 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by clubeurope
do they even issue those to premium passengers at CNX?
Not sure!

I do know the diplomatic/APEC channel at immigration has 1 bored immigration officer and no passengers lining up, while all the passengers wait in the other 4 or so lines.

Quite frustrating!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.