Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CX vs. BR in J, BKK-SFO

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2018, 10:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

To me, they are almost the same. They have the same seat basically, both are easy to get a full night's sleep. Food is airplane food, maybe BR has better sounding menus but in the end it's all slop on a plate. Booze is better on BR but you can get a buzz on just fine on CX as well. Lounges in HKG are better than TPE. Amenity kit? Who cares...as long as it has earplugs, eyeshades and a toothbrush I'm fine. I wouldn't spend $5 more either way unless I really needed the qualifying miles for status. Whichever one offered the cheaper ticket I'd take. for me, based in Shanghai, it's usually CX that offers ultra-competitive long haul fares.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 1:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by YYCowboy
This would not even be a question for me, I'd pay up to 30% more for BR's J
Originally Posted by travelinmanS
I wouldn't spend $5 more either way unless I really needed the qualifying miles for status.
These are both totally valid perspectives. I tend to fall on the "willing to spend more" side, though that is probably less rational, particularly since the uncontrollable variables on any particular flight (mx delays, FA having a bad day, screaming baby) can have a much more substantial impact on the experience than, for example, CX vs. BR menu options.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 1:30 am

$200 can compensate the inferior food on flight as I am sure $200 is more than enough for great food in san Francisco and bangkok.
If I were you, I will pick CX for sure.
clubeurope likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 1:48 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Fly br so dont have to deal with the bad cx fa.
noisy cx galley, bad cx food, china transit traffic(for both legs!), and the airframe falling apart.

and dont remember, w br c you get the good tg lounge too.
that is, if you have the $200 to spare.

Originally Posted by YYCowboy
This would not even be a question for me, I'd pay up to 30% more for BR's J, which is essentially F-lite. While CX's J is more like lie-flat E+

BR's ++
1. Pyjamas
2. On-board Service
3. Rimowa kits
4. Food
5. Lounge in TPE and BKK

All of these BR has CX blown out of the water.

CX's ++

1. Lounge in HKG/BKK
2. OW points if you're OW, but you're UA MM according to your profile? and AS miles, which does hv a point if u can burn them
(Added emphasis)

i would fly br.
jerrywu likes this.

Last edited by kaka; Aug 10, 2018 at 1:54 am
Old Aug 12, 2018, 2:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
So I wound up booking BR.

The clincher was that the only CX itinerary which really fit my schedule involved the 350 for HKG-SFO and I just read too many negatives about problems with the lavs, seats, and cabin layout.

Thanks everyone for your comments.
fakecd, kaka, QRC3288 and 1 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.