Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seattle - from March 2019 4x weekly

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2019, 11:46 pm

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by stephem
Flying back out tonight from Seattle and wishing we knew how shabby the lounge is. We should have stopped for dinner on the way here and passed through security right before boarding. I’m tempted to say CX should have no lounge at all if this is the lounge they are going to have. Disgusting chairs with wear marks and stains. Wow, what a dump.
It really is a dump. I could barely find a place to sit just now. Even the CX representative had a helpless look on her face when she walked in.

FWIW I tried entering the BA lounge out of desperation but was politely declined
Old Dec 21, 2019, 12:07 am

Programs: Non-status paid F/J (best value for $$$)
Originally Posted by SilverChris
It really is a dump. I could barely find a place to sit just now. Even the CX representative had a helpless look on her face when she walked in.

FWIW I tried entering the BA lounge out of desperation but was politely declined
Ask the CX representative together with the station manager and CX headquarters in HKG to complain to the Port of Seattle!
Old Dec 21, 2019, 3:17 am

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by SilverChris
What was the reason cited? Capacity or because it is "rented" to BR during those hours?
Old Dec 21, 2019, 4:11 am

Officially the BA lounge closed at 1800 from the oneworld website which align with the evening BA flight to LHR.

After that it's operated only as a contracted lounge for BR and not an oneworld lounge I believe.
Old Dec 21, 2019, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by daniellam
Perhaps CX needs to have a deeper relationship (perhaps even a JV) with AS on that route. This could even be useful for AS pax connecting to a CX flight.

In ORD, AA has a strong relationship with JL (but not CX). The JL flight unloads at the international terminal and the aircraft is towed to the domestic terminal where passengers can use the AA Flagship Lounge. Useful for AA to JL connections.

Similarly, also at ORD, UA has a strong relationship with NH and LH. Both NH and LH unload at the international terminal and have their aircraft towed to the domestic terminal where passengers can use the UA Polaris Lounge. Useful for UA to NH/LH connections.
Unlikely AS is entering a JV with CX (they don’t have the overseas flights to make that work- JVs share revenue for overseas flying, AS has none to speak of), and SEA is a different beast than ORD; gate space is pretty crunched. You’re inventing a lot of scenarios just because the Club at SEA is not a very nice club. This is probably something CX can live with without needing a JV.

I’ve been to it and the BA lounge at SEA and while the BA Lounge is better, it’s probably a decade overdue for refurbishment. Stained and threadbare chairs, etc.
Old Dec 21, 2019, 3:24 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, CX MPCS
Originally Posted by stephem
Flying back out tonight from Seattle and wishing we knew how shabby the lounge is. We should have stopped for dinner on the way here and passed through security right before boarding. I’m tempted to say CX should have no lounge at all if this is the lounge they are going to have. Disgusting chairs with wear marks and stains. Wow, what a dump.
Yeah, I always just skip that one. Rather eat in the food court right outside. Usually it's empty at the time for the hkg flight.
Old Dec 22, 2019, 4:17 pm

Programs: CX Diamond (DM)
Just departed on CX857 last night. The horrid lounge was.. well... horrid. Everyone was kind of joking about it. There was a kiosk by the entrance asking for feedback... I stopped and filled out the survey, but the tablet was broken so I couldn't actually click the submit button.... intentional? LOL... I got a good laugh out of that. At least the wine wasn't as bad as the food looked.

SEA is a .... show of an airport to be honest, but I kind of like it for some reason. It's like it has character or something. The crew on lsat night's flight was fantastic . We were on a A359 that is bit beat up, but that's normal these days. The gate staff was very new; need some more training foooooooooor sure... for example, the gate agent didn't know what a "PNR" is. The duty manager finally came over and all was good.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.