Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cathay F vs. Qatar QSuites

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2018, 9:40 pm

Location: exUA1K, UA MM, lifetime UA1P, AA MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Although CX F long haul may have slipped a bit, IMHO it's nothing to complain about! (I do ORD-HKG-ORD nonstops in CX F every tear in January or February)

I've done many wacky routings through the years... but I now have a rule: When heading home, head home! Just take the CX F nonstop flight home and be happy!
callmedtop and AJchang like this.
Old Jul 28, 2021, 1:15 am

Programs: AA Platinum
Having this same debate right now and really stuck on which to go with. Hoping to bump this thread up and maybe get some new convo going on it for a 2022 trip. I know there are some uncertainties with CX coming out of the pandemic where QR seems back to normal.

I get the basics on the CX F Vs. QR Q Suites debate:

CX has the best & widest bed in the skies\
CX has more consistent service and maybe goes out of their way more for you

QR has an extensive food menu with some really interesting options.
QR has the far better IFE

Pier F & Wing F Vs., AM & AS (I'd pay the $180 for AS). Not sure I'd want to make the decision on the lounges.

Huge food person but wine & bubbles not nearly as important for me

Travelling alone so middle seats double bed of no value.

Love to do EK F but NOT an option........using AA miles

Just be curious in general now 3 years later where people see the CX F Vs. QR Q Suites debate...
Old Jul 28, 2021, 3:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
I am a big fan of QR suites, but I would take CX F any day over QR suites. Of course, the price is higher too.

But if I was to make a booking for the coming 12 months, I would not hesitate to prefer QR. They are flying an extensive network, while CX is severely constrained by HK crew quarantine policy. Very few flights and unreliable schedule.

When/if CX F restarts, we have no idea of the quality of service; CX has not flown F for a very long time.
etkuo and Cryofern like this.
Old Jul 28, 2021, 3:26 am

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by brunos
I am a big fan of QR suites, but I would take CX F any day over QR suites. Of course, the price is higher too.

But if I was to make a booking for the coming 12 months, I would not hesitate to prefer QR. They are flying an extensive network, while CX is severely constrained by HK crew quarantine policy. Very few flights and unreliable schedule.

When/if CX F restarts, we have no idea of the quality of service; CX has not flown F for a very long time.
Yes post Covid CX would worry me a little where QR seems to be back to normal.

Fwiw the cost would be the same.. 110K AA miles..

Sin-Hkg-Lax as 1 booking or Sin-Doh-Lax for 40K & 70K 2 bookings
Old Jul 28, 2021, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
In covid times (2022 will still be) with so many cancellations/rescheduling, I would hesitate to an itinerary on 2 separate bookings.
happiest_at_40000 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.