Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Clubpoints run (as oppose to mileage run)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Clubpoints run (as oppose to mileage run)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2019, 10:16 am

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by Rivarix
So what is considered a good price (i.e. HKD per CP) for clubpoint run?
For me (and I generally fly Y,0 ex-Taiwan), anything below 65HKD/pt would be a really good deal. Around 65-75HKD/pt would be fairly good as well.
Alawyer, lixiaojuventus and Sozee like this.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 4:03 pm

FRA - MAD or AKL - SYD on LATAM Business Class

sometimes 2400 HKD for a 50 club points round-trip.
Old Sep 7, 2019, 4:16 am

Programs: MPC GO, SPG/Marriott Gold
Tpe-hkg-bkk-sin-bkk-hkg-tpe all in business I class.
around 6400hkd for 160 club points. Only need to overnight at SIN.
forumpersona999 likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2019, 5:24 am

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
Originally Posted by hahaton2
Tpe-hkg-bkk-sin-bkk-hkg-tpe all in business I class.
around 6400hkd for 160 club points. Only need to overnight at SIN.
i tried to book this once but didnt work out.

is your hkg-bkk-sin two seperate flight number? also can you break journey at bkk? i rather overnigh in BKK than Sin
Old Sep 9, 2019, 12:47 am

Programs: CX DM/OWE, Marriott Titanium, Avis Preferred, National EE
Heard with the recent protests that Ex china I class to JFk is approximately 18k RMB. really good deal considering HKG to JFK business is usually 60K ish..
Old Sep 9, 2019, 1:36 am

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
Originally Posted by OneWorldLoyalist
Heard with the recent protests that Ex china I class to JFk is approximately 18k RMB. really good deal considering HKG to JFK business is usually 60K ish..
so 240 CP for roughly 20k hkd

the 160 CP for 7k run tpe-hkg-bkk-sin feels more fun, value, and doable considering i.might get a night out in bkk... not to mention turn around in china is a hell compared to tpe

now on sidetopic if CX really want to survive they better rethink this pricing discrimination. yes i get all the argument saying is competitiom and captive market but all i see in 75k vs 20k is a big F word to my face
imakinov and OneWorldLoyalist like this.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 2:01 am

Programs: CX ows, DL E+
Originally Posted by fakecd
i tried to book this once but didnt work out.

is your hkg-bkk-sin two seperate flight number? also can you break journey at bkk? i rather overnigh in BKK than Sin
Not necessarily two flight numbers, but you have to use the multi city function to search it.

Old Sep 9, 2019, 7:29 am

Programs: QF Platium(OWE)/CX Diamond(OWE)/SPG Platium/Marriott Titanium/Hyatt Globalist/Accor Platium/
Originally Posted by Sozee
Not necessarily two flight numbers, but you have to use the multi city function to search it.

But with the same flight no, shouldn't you earn the club point for 1 sector only even you fly 2 sectors?

If you did PVG-HKG-BKK-SIN and return run will give you 180 CPs with similar pricing. Flown this route and it is easy. Unfortunately it is not the right time for most HKers to do mainland China turn with the current situation.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 8:57 am

Programs: MPC GO, SPG/Marriott Gold
You can do same flight numbers but booked as two sectors. This will give you points for two sectors.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 9:23 am

Programs: CX ows, DL E+
Originally Posted by zzz997
But with the same flight no, shouldn't you earn the club point for 1 sector only even you fly 2 sectors?

If you did PVG-HKG-BKK-SIN and return run will give you 180 CPs with similar pricing. Flown this route and it is easy. Unfortunately it is not the right time for most HKers to do mainland China turn with the current situation.
Nope. I've done TPE-HKG-BKK-SIN-BKK-HKG-TPE twice and both times have credited 160 CP each time. (Earning 30 CP for each HKG-BKK, BKK-SIN)
The CP accurble shown in the flight summary also shows you can earn 160 total.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 7:21 pm

Programs: CX DM (OWE), Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Sozee
Nope. I've done TPE-HKG-BKK-SIN-BKK-HKG-TPE twice and both times have credited 160 CP each time. (Earning 30 CP for each HKG-BKK, BKK-SIN)
The CP accurble shown in the flight summary also shows you can earn 160 total.
If you were TPE base, I would rather book two TPE-HKG-BKK-HKG-TPE I class tickets. Each ticket can be done as same day return and save the accommadation fee in HKG and SIN.
And, these two tickets can earn 200 club points...
forumpersona999 and Sozee like this.
Old Apr 24, 2020, 11:23 pm
cgo

flew from KIX to KTM (Kathmandu) the long way out, in a nice club points run manner. I did a KIX/TPE/HKG/BKK/HKG/KIX (100 pts) on CX, and scored a discounted business promotion on MH, BKK/KUL/KTM/KUL/BKK (another 100 pts). Total is 200 points and accrued some 18000 miles on CX
Old Apr 24, 2020, 11:25 pm

Originally Posted by cgo
flew from KIX to KTM (Kathmandu) the long way out, in a nice club points run manner. I did a KIX/TPE/HKG/BKK/HKG/KIX (100 pts) on CX, and scored a discounted business promotion on MH, BKK/KUL/KTM/KUL/BKK (another 100 pts). Total is 200 points and accrued some 18000 miles on CX
hi,

are you based in CGO?
Old Apr 24, 2020, 11:27 pm
cgo

JL offers a nice way for clubpoints accrual in domestic first class (nice product and lounge in both itami and haneda!) ITM (Osaka Itami) to HND (Tokyo Haneda) offers 15 marco polo club points. Cheapest fares for this are around 19000JPY (usually on saturdays/sundays, or first flights out on weekdays).

If you are taking JL Economy on ITM to HND, cheapest fares are around 10000 JPY, earning 5 marco polo club points only. The difference in service/points for the price (only 9k yen!) is extremely huge. I will take domestic first in JL anytime!
Old Apr 24, 2020, 11:28 pm
cgo

nope, formerly based in KIX. now in CEB.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.