Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cathay Pacific Special Meals

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2018, 7:54 pm

Programs: AA Plat, MPC Silver, IHG Platinum
it's mandatory for airlines to become acknowledged as an airline.
Could you please refer where does it say that? My reading of $6.1.5 definitely doesn't mean that.
comcats likes this.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 8:11 pm

Originally Posted by Nile_US
And it is quite reasonable to expect a meal to be good.
It is reasonable to WANT it to be good, but it is unrealistic and therefore unreasonable to EXPECT that it will be good. It will not be good.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 8:36 pm

Programs: AA Plat, MPC Silver, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by SeeBuyFly
It is reasonable to WANT it to be good, but it is unrealistic and therefore unreasonable to EXPECT that it will be good. It will not be good.
No, it is not unrealistic. I have received good meals on flights more than once. So, yes, it is possible, it is doable and it is not unreasonable to expect either.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 9:46 pm

Programs: MPC-DM, Enrich-Plat
Originally Posted by Nile_US
Could you please refer where does it say that? My reading of $6.1.5 definitely doesn't mean that.
The reference is a document with requirements. If an airline wants to obtain an IATA "code", it well have to adhere to the IATA requirements.

I never checked that in detail, though I think, an airline goes into a signed agreement with IATA to obtain an IATA "code" and part of that agreement will be the adoption of the IATA requirements, of which part is laid out in the referred document.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 10:44 pm

Lacto-Ovo Vegetarian meal Cathay shorthaul

Lacto-Ovo Vegetarian (LVML) meal on this Cathay flight from HKG - SGN (Hong Kong to Saigon)

Scrambled eggs with ratatouille and potato wedges.
Sides were apricot yofhurt pot and fresh fruit salad.

The main didn’t have much flavour and required lots of salt and pepper. The rest were ok.

A Club Europe breakfast meal on BA short haul would beat this if I am honest.

Old Jan 26, 2019, 5:25 am

Originally Posted by let_BAegones_be
Lacto-Ovo Vegetarian (LVML) meal on this Cathay flight from HKG - SGN (Hong Kong to Saigon)

Scrambled eggs with ratatouille and potato wedges.
Sides were apricot yofhurt pot and fresh fruit salad.

The main didn’t have much flavour and required lots of salt and pepper. The rest were ok.

A Club Europe breakfast meal on BA short haul would beat this if I am honest.

Looks good! Like many other airport catering, regardless of what class we r travelling, we will get the same vege meal for the day.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 11:31 pm

Low-Fat meal in Business class

I flew SGN - HKG. I always order a Low Fat meal when I want to eat something healthy on the plane.

Meal was delicious. Chicken breast and veggies starter with lemon dressing.
Main was steam cod, tomato sauce, mash potato and veggies.

No SPML dessert loaded.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 5:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott BonVoy Titanium Elite, Marriott LT Plat.
I recently requested the asian vegetarian meal. Anyone have comments/photos as to what to expect? My flights will be a breakfast and Lunch rotation for my flights.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers!
Old May 18, 2019, 9:57 am
Accor Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: CX MPC GO, IHG, OZ, NH (no longer UA MP*G thanks to SMJ)(no longer A3 *G due to COVID))
CX569 (KIX-HKG) (2019 May)

Originally Posted by gpia

Willing to call in and request CHML? Curious to see if possible (no chance yet), and if it’ll be as good as the ones I had upthread

CX 569 (KIX-HKG) (2019 May)

Sorry @gpia I didn't have a photo of my neighbour's CHML child meal. The main was farfalle bolognese. The kid also got a tetra pack of juice and macadamia nuts cookie with a starter (but I didn't know what the starter was). The kid barely touched the meal.
Old May 20, 2019, 1:57 am

Originally Posted by royng
CX 569 (KIX-HKG) (2019 May)

Sorry @gpia I didn't have a photo of my neighbour's CHML child meal. The main was farfalle bolognese. The kid also got a tetra pack of juice and macadamia nuts cookie with a starter (but I didn't know what the starter was). The kid barely touched the meal.
Ordered CHML again for my upcoming flights to ICN. Farfalle Bolognese would be just fine with me. Beats porkwithrice any day
Old Jun 6, 2019, 9:13 am

Programs: MPC-DM, Enrich-Plat
Although this is not CX (actually MH), the "All Fruit" meal, FPML:

Side disk: Fruit
Mains: Fruit
Desert: Fruit
Give away goodie: An apple.

How can such a meal have bad items: Yeah, unripe strawberries

Does it feel healthy: Yep, Effective it turns into a lot of liquid ....
chitink likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2019, 10:45 am

I recently flew Cathay Dragon economy class from PVG to HKG. I visited the newly opened Cathay Pacific Lounge at PVG, so I already ate and didn’t intend to eat. Anyway, I ordered the Moslem Special Meal on my flight. I was totally inedible. I’m not a picky eater at all, and I think it was bad.

Old Dec 8, 2019, 4:53 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum; Amex Plat; Four Seasons; Fairmont; HH; etc.; "Retirees-In-Training"
Does anyone have any recent details about F or J Gluten-Free meals on CX out of Hong Kong, to the USA?

Thanks.

GC
Old Jun 29, 2023, 8:28 am
Accor Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: CX MPC GO, IHG, OZ, NH (no longer UA MP*G thanks to SMJ)(no longer A3 *G due to COVID))
CX716 SIN-HKG 2023 June - MOML MOSLEM Muslim meal

MOML MOSLEM Muslim meal
CX716 SIN-HKG (6pm departure)
2023 June
  • cut fruits;
  • bread roll;
  • beef curry with mashed sweet potatoes, assorted diced carrots, sweet corn, green beans, onions
  • mango pudding
----------------
I don't like sweet potato and the beef was dry and tough. So the meal was quite disappointing. It's also quite cheap to provide mango pudding, after learning how inexpensive it is from supermarket. Fortunately I had some food from SIN lounge already.
Attached Images  

Last edited by royng; Jun 29, 2023 at 9:20 am
Old Jun 30, 2023, 2:12 am

Programs: Cathay Lifetime Diamond
I never eat the beef in Singapore as its usually inedible - its the worst of Australian I suspect and very probably what the caterer used.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.