FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Cathay Pacific | Cathay (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-cathay-487/)
-   -   Confirmed: CX lounge operator change to Sodexo (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-cathay/1888231-confirmed-cx-lounge-operator-change-sodexo.html)

jagmeets May 17, 2018 8:49 am

Wait...massage at The Wing!?

at the pier atleast, I’ve given up on even trying..

oopl May 17, 2018 8:57 am

That mac & cheese looks like it's missing the cheese.

Mferrari24 May 17, 2018 5:55 pm

I'm sitting in the Pier F lounge now and I've been to both here and Wing F a half dozen times or so since the change. I was hoping for improvements, but I feel the food has taken a HUGE set back. I think the easiest example is the burger, which now taste like something slightly better than McDonald's. I almost want to say I would rather just go to the Qantas lounge or AMEX lounge. As other have said, its almost a completely new staff the service is good even though they are still learning. Hopefully, they can make some adjustments on the food quality moving forward or this will be a huge mistake.

Dr. HFH May 17, 2018 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by sxc (Post 29759600)

Is that Mac & cheese? Really?? OK, now I get that some of you guys ("guys" used inclusively not as denoting gender, and intended to include everyone) may consider Mac & Cheese way too pedestrian for a premium lounge, but it's one of my favorite foods!! Of course, that said, my CX F business is now on QR J, which I feel is a much better product.

QRC3288 May 17, 2018 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH (Post 29766498)
Is that Mac & cheese? Really?? OK, now I get that some of you guys ("guys" used inclusively not as denoting gender, and intended to include everyone) may consider Mac & Cheese way too pedestrian for a premium lounge, but it's one of my favorite foods!! Of course, that said, my CX F business is now on QR J, which I feel is a much better product.

I am devout lover of Mac and Cheese and in fact my left arm might have been forged of it I ate so much as a child (and later...). But the CX / Sodexo version, which I had a few days ago, is repulsive.

agree with the poster above food has taken a very cafeteria-esque downgrade. It's sad to see. So far, I have to say the people sounding the alarm about Sodexo were right. I can't say exactly if they were right for the reasons said (prison food, dorm cafeteria food, etc.), but perhaps their competitiveness on price in their bid for CX is why CX selected them. You get what you pay for...

Anyway, the food options are different. but all around definitely less refined and more gross. It feels and tastes like industrial food. I don't know how to explain but it's bad, obviously not very healthy, just not quality food at all. It is quite a sorry downgrade IMO. And the a la carte options feel the same. Like they just popped out of a catering truck, reheated and assembled. Absolutely bizarre this happened. But hey it can always get worse. Peninsula -> Plaza Premium was stage 1. We whinged about the downgrade. Now, hell werew dying for PP back!

I will say the staff are friendly from Sodexo. Still kinda don't know what they're doing, but not rude at least. But the food is gross.

sxc May 17, 2018 8:17 pm

Was there Mac & Cheese in the F buffet? I saw it in the Wing J. If it was in Wing F as well at some stage, looks like they just rotate the dishes between J & F on different days.

QRC3288 May 17, 2018 9:01 pm

Originally Posted by sxc (Post 29766704)
Was there Mac & Cheese in the F buffet? I saw it in the Wing J. If it was in Wing F as well at some stage, looks like they just rotate the dishes between J & F on different days.

Wing F. I haven't been to Wing J since handover.

It's possible my memory is crossing me up and it was at Pier J; that, Qantas (no chance) and Deck are the only J lounges I've visited recently. But I don't think so.

HKGglobaltrotter May 18, 2018 12:36 am

Originally Posted by QRC3288 (Post 29766620)

I will say the staff are friendly from Sodexo. Still kinda don't know what they're doing, but not rude at least. But the food is gross.

Can't agree more! I went to both Wing F and Pier F this week. It is definitely a downgrade (yet again) from PP. I had the Chinese set for breakfast, I have never tasted anything that bland/tasteless.
The buffet section feels like one of those $9.99 all you can eat buffet houses you find in suburbia America. I will be visiting AMEX and QF lounge a lot from now.

Staff are nice and they are definitely working hard to please the guests though.

kaka May 18, 2018 1:06 am

Is this how cx is dealing w lounge overcrowding?!

tinkicker May 18, 2018 3:01 am

Originally Posted by jagmeets (Post 29764406)
Wait...massage at The Wing!?

at the pier atleast, I’ve given up on even trying..

Sorry I of course meant the Pier... it had been a long few days.

pvgman May 19, 2018 12:17 am

Was at the pier F yesterday,

Staff was efficient and smiling,
Wine list is better, Champagne LR 2009 is a great improvement compare to what was served before,

Didn't have much time so I only ordered a burger, it was less good than before,

Friday afternoon, 5pm lot of people in the restaurant but no issue to get a table right away

kaka May 19, 2018 2:32 am

For me the burger was better!
maybe i had an off burger in pp days. The burger i had before was royally horrible.

global happy traveller May 19, 2018 7:12 am

Sodexo eh....... You know they make food for prisons, colleges and schools..... I recall switching providers during high school and quality went down. Likewise, during university we would eat out instead (overpriced, under quality)..... Good job CX.... Good job!

fakecd May 19, 2018 4:57 pm

in the evening qantas offer plate of day which is definitely better than any item served at wing F. pier F is still doable but lost its glory... i would hate to be DM and this is all you get for being top tier.

also alcohol is also dismal. i tried Mojito at Wing, absolitely tasteless and watery if they served at real bar they would go out of business in a week!

didnt try Amex lounge yet but is it viable alternative?

kaka May 19, 2018 6:19 pm

Originally Posted by fakecd (Post 29772516)
in the evening qantas offer plate of day which is definitely better than any item served at wing F. pier F is still doable but lost its glory... i would hate to be DM and this is all you get for being top tier.

also alcohol is also dismal. i tried Mojito at Wing, absolitely tasteless and watery if they served at real bar they would go out of business in a week!

didnt try Amex lounge yet but is it viable alternative?

amex lounge alcohol blows the sh!t out

food is bland tho