FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Cathay Pacific | Cathay (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-cathay-487/)
-   -   Confirmed: CX lounge operator change to Sodexo (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-cathay/1888231-confirmed-cx-lounge-operator-change-sodexo.html)

ahdan Feb 26, 2018 5:52 pm

Not just catering but full lounges service management.
Service been appalling since CX changed management from Peninsula to Plaza Premium. Slow or no service at all to point of zombieland and guests presence usually ignored. I was shocked when lounge staffs reported to duty at dining room reception of The Wing 1st Class Lounge when many of us were waiting for tables at peak breakfast hour.
CX is going cheap!

kaka Feb 26, 2018 6:08 pm

Originally Posted by ahdan (Post 29462673)
Not just catering but full lounges service management.
Service been appalling since CX changed management from Peninsula to Plaza Premium. Slow or no service at all to point of zombieland and guests presence usually ignored. I was shocked when lounge staffs reported to duty at dining room reception of The Wing 1st Class Lounge when many of us were waiting for tables at peak breakfast hour.
CX is going cheap!

alas finally im not the only one. I had to go up to the bar to order at the pier once and waited extensively a few other times when i wasnt in a hurry

sxc Feb 27, 2018 2:35 am

Now that The Deck has a confirmed opening date, let’s discuss experiences etc in its dedicated thread:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cath...ch-2018-a.html

We can continue to discuss the Sodexo changeover in this thread.

sxc
Cathay Pacific Moderator

triplefives Apr 22, 2018 1:08 am

Currently sitting in the Pier F and the menu seems to be about the same. Service today is chaotic as the waitstaff is clearly short handed - lots of tables left uncleared (at least 1/4th).

last time I was at the wing F in late March, service was at the same standard and for some reason the quality of the fish dish was much better than usual

sxc Apr 22, 2018 1:21 am

@triplefives I think the only lounge utilising Sodexo at the moment is The Deck.

andersonCooper Apr 22, 2018 1:23 am

Originally Posted by triplefives (Post 29669596)
Currently sitting in the Pier F and the menu seems to be about the same. Service today is chaotic as the waitstaff is clearly short handed - lots of tables left uncleared (at least 1/4th).

last time I was at the wing F (which was after the switchover), service was at the same standard and I thought the fish dish was better than plaza’s.

I feel this is a normal Sunday afternoon at Pier, while my Pier F experience about an hour ago is similar to what you just described, as well as my prior Sunday pm flights.

triplefives Apr 22, 2018 10:52 am

Originally Posted by sxc (Post 29669616)
@triplefives I think the only lounge utilising Sodexo at the moment is The Deck.

i think you're right. i've edited my post for sake of clarity

Originally Posted by andersonCooper (Post 29669620)
I feel this is a normal Sunday afternoon at Pier, while my Pier F experience about an hour ago is similar to what you just described, as well as my prior Sunday pm flights.

i rarely ever fly on sundays so you're probably right. it's definitely a bit surprising as the lounge pax load wasn't exceptionally high. it seemed they were down a person in the front of the house as well as the back. might it be any better the wing F?

FlyPointyEnd Apr 22, 2018 7:05 pm

I believe the handover of the other lounges will happen on May 1

sxc Apr 22, 2018 7:09 pm

Originally Posted by FlyPointyEnd (Post 29672068)

All at once? CX PR implied it would be staged over the rest of the year.

FlyPointyEnd Apr 22, 2018 7:54 pm

Originally Posted by sxc (Post 29672079)

I'm not sure, I had the impression it would be like the Peninsula to Plaza Premium handover.

boybi Apr 22, 2018 9:22 pm

Peninsula to Plaza Premium to Sodexo, does it feel like lounge services are being downgraded?

sxc Apr 22, 2018 9:32 pm

Originally Posted by boybi (Post 29672377)
Peninsula to Plaza Premium to Sodexo, does it feel like lounge services are being downgraded?

Sodexo manages the Air France First Class lounge in CDG and everyone loves that lounge. So maybe it's not a downgrade.

As expressed earlier on in this thread, Sodexo will deliver according to the specification and budget that Cathay provides. We haven't seen any big complaints about how they are handling The Deck (but also not seeing anything amazingly better than the other lounges), so maybe the transition will be transparent.

Rami Tamimi Apr 23, 2018 2:07 am

Originally Posted by sxc (Post 29672079)

Yes, just like exactly 2 years ago.

I had my last trip out of HKG with the PPL team last weak. Some will stay with PPL and work on their other projects, some will join Sodexo and some will leave the airport entirely.... some are still making up their minds. There are a couple of lovely ladies who have worked there for like 18 years....( I was too young back then, but apparently, Peninsula handled the CX lounge operations ever since the airport "moved")

For me, that lounge has always been special because of the people who work there. The Peninsula team was exceptional and most of the best people joined PPL and stayed with CX. PPL also brought a couple of amazing people, who have been an absolute pleasure to deal with for the last 2 years. I know that I am not alone in this and many regulars know the staff on a personal level. All this has created a really "home" feeling and the only lounge in the world that I prepared to go slightly earlier than necessary. (cabana, Baileys, food, etc help of course ). It will be sad to see half of the people go.

PS and if someone wants to see Mr S (I know he is also popular on FT), you are welcome to visit PPL at Gate 35 after the 1st of May... I guess, I will finally find use for those invitations given by RJ&AY.

ernestnywang Apr 24, 2018 3:00 am

Originally Posted by FlyPointyEnd (Post 29672068)

Just got this from CX via email. Seems at least The Wing and The Pier will be handed over on 01MAY.

香港國際機場貴賓室營運時間更新

基於營運調動,「寰宇堂」頭等及商務貴賓室將於2018年4月30日晚上9時提早關閉;而「玉衡堂」頭等及 商務貴賓室則於2018年5月1日延遲至上午11時30分開始服務。於此期間,歡迎使用我們其 他貴賓室。

此外,由2018年5月1日起,鄰近16號登機閘口的全新貴賓室「玲瓏堂」,每日將提供服務至最後一班航班 出發為止;至於「爾雅堂」貴賓室則由同日起永久關閉。
For those of you who don't read Chinese, basically it says The Wing will close early at 9pm on 30APR The Pier will open late at 11:30am on 01MAY due to operational shift. The Deck will stay open till last flight of day from 01MAY on, and The Cabin will be closed permanently. The Bridge is not mentioned.

sxc Apr 24, 2018 3:02 am

English version:

Changes to lounge operations at Hong Kong International Airport​
Due to operational rearrangements, The Wing First and Business Class lounges will close at 9:00pm on 30 April 2018 and The Pier First and Business Class lounges will open at 11:30am on 1 May 2018. Please visit our other lounges during this transitional period.

In addition, from 1 May 2018, The Deck, our new lounge near gate 16, will operate until the last departure, while The Cabin will be closed permanently.