FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Cathay Pacific | Cathay (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-cathay-487/)
-   -   Confirmed: CX lounge operator change to Sodexo (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-cathay/1888231-confirmed-cx-lounge-operator-change-sodexo.html)

Cambo May 19, 2018 11:50 pm

Originally Posted by oopl (Post 29764442)
That mac & cheese looks like it's missing the cheese.

(A lot of) cheese might not be your most favourable situation, given the amount of calories the cheese brings.

When I am on my way, it often takes something like 32-35 hours door to door, with a total of around 7 meals or snack rounds. Feels pretty stuffed at the end, so to say, despite eating small amounts with every meal. And that is without consuming alcohol and/or sugary soft drinks.

FlyPointyEnd May 20, 2018 6:41 am

I met someone at the Pier J this afternoon, the lounge was littered with trash and used plates....we chatted for about 10 mins and no one came by to clean the area. It’s terrible

HaikalS May 20, 2018 8:05 am

Definitely agree on the observations...

Was at Pier J and it was a good ~20 mins before someone cleared up the table next to mine. Also the dim sum they had in the noodle bar area was significantly worse (I liked the old beef shiumai) and I felt there were much less non-pork options (I don't eat pork).

At Pier F tried to order the burger at around ~10pm and they had run out. Caprese salad was decent though and service was quite friendly

Cambo May 20, 2018 9:40 am

Regarding cleaning up in Pier J: I did sit around 1.5 - 2 hours next to a previous visitors' food remnants, despite having put this all aside.

Staffs seems to cleanup only, when the seat is obviously abandoned, when doing their round.

Lounge was pretty quiet at that time.

PWMFlyer19 May 20, 2018 3:12 pm

Was at The Pier F on Friday...burger was ok, but definitely a downgrade from before. Requested "no cheese", but it came out with...never had a problem before. The fries were terrible - think undercooked McDonalds skinny fries and the portion was smaller than the mini-fries size in the McDonalds (USA) happy meal.

For kicks I checked the pantry and all the portions in the glass containers in the fridge are definitely a downgrade.

Not much reason to prioritize the Pier F over the other F lounges...maybe that is what they want, IDK. Only reason to visit is the relative quietness.

Cheers.

QRC3288 May 20, 2018 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by HaikalS (Post 29773917)
At Pier F tried to order the burger at around ~10pm and they had run out. Caprese salad was decent though and service was quite friendly

They ran out of the burger at 10pm?!? That's a first!

This is definitely a downgrade. What a shame. Again. Guys at Peninsula are just shaking their heads at what the hell happened to Swire and CX.

FlyPointyEnd May 20, 2018 8:23 pm

These photos were taken around noon yesterday

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...08482f9de.jpeg
https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...b0c7b70cb.jpeg
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...6966380a8.jpeg

sxc May 20, 2018 8:31 pm

Please send those pix to CX as feedback.

sxc May 20, 2018 10:50 pm

Originally Posted by PWMFlyer19 (Post 29775086)

Not much reason to prioritize the Pier F over the other F lounges...maybe that is what they want, IDK. Only reason to visit is the relative quietness.

Cheers.

Maybe they want to downgrade it so much until the diamonds stop complaining about not having their own lounge.

A bit of a history lesson if I remember all this correctly. Before the refurbished Pier opened, the Peninsula offering in both lounges was just a buffet. I remember it to be quite a high quality buffet though - basically a mini hotel buffet with a lot of quality selections. There was a secret a la carte menu but it had a very limited selection of basic things like fried rice.

After The Pier reopened, then they introduced the full a la carte dining. And the Wing had a more cut down version of the Pier menu I assume because of limited kitchen facilities.

Now we have a J standard buffet at the Wing, and a low quality a la carte offering in both. And it’s not easy to pop over to the Pier J to get some of their buffet items. Would we prefer they just cut the a la carte if they could bring back a decent self service offering?

FlyPointyEnd May 20, 2018 11:00 pm

Originally Posted by sxc (Post 29775831)
Please send those pix to CX as feedback.

Already sent it to them this morning....skipped CRD this time.

Isochronous May 21, 2018 2:45 am

Looks like a prison pigsty. As for Mac & Cheese - that is definitely one concoctions that does not belong anywhere near a premium airline. It's the sort of slop that belongs on AirAsia.

jagmeets May 21, 2018 4:46 am

Originally Posted by Isochronous (Post 29776472)
Looks like a prison pigsty. As for Mac & Cheese - that is definitely one concoctions that does not belong anywhere near a premium airline. It's the sort of slop that belongs on AirAsia.

I’ll take the (OT)bait- AK/it’s different avatars, serve rather decent stuff for the price they charge- Certainly better than the slop that CX serves in coach!

jiaotze May 22, 2018 6:34 pm

I'm through HKG typically 1-2 times a month and usually head to Pier F. I was there the day before yesterday for the first time since the changeover and without a doubt the f&b has taken a hit. The breakfast items I had were lousy and the food was cold. There's now a mini-buffet in the canteen area. If the offerings were expanded a bit, it would be a viable option to the restaurant dining.

The tray in the lounge area with sherry and port and most importantly those tasty chocolates is gone. Also, the caramelized pecans in the canteen are gone, along with some of the offerings in the small glass jars in the cooler.

On my way to the gate, I stopped by The Bridge to check things out and noticed that the bacon is gone from the breakfast buffet.

Okay, it's not like the sky is falling down, but a few of the things I really enjoyed are gone. And it's not like there's anything to look forward to catering-wise inflight.

All in all, penny wise, pound foolish.

sxc May 22, 2018 6:58 pm

Originally Posted by jiaotze (Post 29783617)

On my way to the gate, I stopped by The Bridge to check things out and noticed that the bacon is gone from the breakfast buffet.

Has The Bridge changed over to Sodexo? It didn't close during the 1 May handover, so I'm wondering if it changed or not.

Cambo May 22, 2018 9:56 pm

Originally Posted by jiaotze (Post 29783617)
I'm through HKG typically 1-2 times a month and usually head to Pier F. I was there the day before yesterday for the first time since the changeover and without a doubt the f&b has taken a hit. The breakfast items I had were lousy and the food was cold. There's now a mini-buffet in the canteen area. If the offerings were expanded a bit, it would be a viable option to the restaurant dining.

The tray in the lounge area with sherry and port and most importantly those tasty chocolates is gone. Also, the caramelized pecans in the canteen are gone, along with some of the offerings in the small glass jars in the cooler.

Okay, it's not like the sky is falling down, but a few of the things I really enjoyed are gone. And it's not like there's anything to look forward to catering-wise inflight.

All in all, penny wise, pound foolish.

I don't want to devalue your review, you certainly were missing appreciated items, though were there other new items added (whether you appreciated these or not) ?