Manage my Booking infinite loop

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2017, 11:15 am
formerly mattking2000
Original Poster

Programs: BA|AC|AZ|SPG|H|FPC
Manage my Booking infinite loop

Hi all,
I am trying to access the Cathay "manage my booking" webpage using the PNR and first/last name, but it keeps re-directing back to the "manage my booking" page and I see this in part of the URL:
I've cleared cookies/cache, used different browsers, devices -- no dice. The PNR is the CX PNR and not the BA one I booked it with -- I can see the reservation on AY, Saudia, and BA but not CX. I'm also currently 2 hours on hold with their US CX line -- is this normal?
Old Dec 7, 2017, 11:32 am

I have the same issue when I logged in and tried to change my flight.

It's not an infinite loop for me, I waited for a few minutes and it loaded into a broken page which couldn't show my flights.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 2:27 pm

Programs: Cathay MPC, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Domestic Airline Nobody
Same thing. I too tried multiple things, ending in no joy.

UPDATE: I tried the Android APP and was able to see/manage the bookings (I didn't try to change anything, but I did want to report that you can access it that way.)
infinitium likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 7:40 pm

Programs: CX Diamond, BA Gold, *A Silver, Accor Diamond
I can log into my MPC account and on Manage Bookings I can see all my itineraries there. But when I click on any of them by pressing 'Manage My Booking" it either takes me in a loop back to the list of itineraries or I get an error message telling me that there's s system error and to try again later.
This happens on four laptops, on Chrome, Firefox, Safari and IE so I've given up trying to fix it. In the end, rather than deal with their website, I had the helpful ladies at the MPC book my flights for me.
It's just a lack of respect for their passengers, they're more than aware of this issue. I've booked my flights to take me to 1,800 points and now that's done I book on BA, QR, AY and AA and credit the points to BA's Lifetime Gold programme. I control my own travel and Cathay don't deserve my business if they think it's acceptable to irritate and frustrate their passengers. Next year I won't even bother with 1,800 since the older kid has his travel plans set on BA and Finnair for the UK so will get his own card and and won't need a comp gold card from me!
Terrible IT performance.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 11:19 pm

Programs: UA Prem Plat, CX MPC Silver, CI Dynasty Gold; HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG, IHG Ambassador
This has been happening for over a week now for me. I even wrote to MP customer service about it.
They told me to use the booking reference (PNR) and the exact name to log on to the booking without logging in to the account, which worked fine until this morning.
Now, I cannot see my reservation details either way at all. The page just runs on a loop...
Old Dec 8, 2017, 4:43 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

This still seems to be a problem... I couldn't even log in into MPC without the aid of the Asia Miles website :/

I second Gongzuokuang's tip, it also works in the iOS app too!
Old Dec 8, 2017, 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by clubeurope
This still seems to be a problem... I couldn't even log in into MPC without the aid of the Asia Miles website :/

I second Gongzuokuang's tip, it also works in the iOS app too!
Can I change the date of my flight with the app? I can't figure out how to do it with the app...
Old Dec 8, 2017, 4:22 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by fish0105
Can I change the date of my flight with the app? I can't figure out how to do it with the app...
Unfortunately not that i know of... you could try calling or emailling MPC/CX meanwhile though
Old Dec 9, 2017, 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by clubeurope
Unfortunately not that i know of... you could try calling or emailling MPC/CX meanwhile though
Tried again few hours before and it's fixed now
Old Dec 9, 2017, 9:46 pm

Log in is fine but my latest problem is i cannot change the date of a flight as it will take the infant in the booking over the age at which they require their own seat. There is no infant on the booking.
Old Dec 9, 2017, 9:49 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
I don’t understand why after their transition to Amadeus CX can’t offer the usual online booking options most other airlines have these days.
HaikalS likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 7:44 am

Programs: GFF Plat, CX DM, SQ TPPS, AS 75K
Originally Posted by 1010101
Log in is fine but my latest problem is i cannot change the date of a flight as it will take the infant in the booking over the age at which they require their own seat. There is no infant on the booking.
​​​​​​
I get this same message every time the fare class goes up e.g. I to D/C. (I'm guessing this is the case because all the times it happens expertflyer indicates the my fare class to be empty)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.