Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

How to make online changes to CX redemption bookings

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2017, 6:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MPC DM

Apologies in advance if this has been covered elsewhere (I did search but couldn't see it) or is common knowledge, but to me, it wasn't.

A helpful agent at MPC guided me through the process. This cannot be done by using the "manage my bookings" button on the CX website.

When logged in to CX website, scroll right to the bottom of the page and click on the Asia Miles logo. This will take you to the Asia Miles landing page, and you should already be logged on. At the top of that page, click on "Redeem Miles" and select "Change your Flight Award Booking" from the drop down menu. This will take you back to CX, and there you will see your redemption bookings displayed, and can check availability for alternative dates or even same date but different flight time that may not have been previously available.

The cost of making changes online is US$25 or 1,000 miles. The cost of making changes via MPC telephone is US$40 or 4,000 miles.

The big advantage for me has been how easy it is to check (frequently) when flights open up. Plus also, if overseas, no need to incur roaming charges to call MPC.

Although it looks a bit convoluted, it isn't when you get used to it, and as said above, it's apparently not possible to click on "manage my booking" from the booking page of CX.

I have changed many flights over the telephone before, and this is the first time that an MPC agent (to whom I'm grateful) told me how to do this online.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 6:15 pm

Programs: CX DM
On the main CX page click on "redeem flights" and then "flight award re-booking" on the next page.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 6:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MPC DM
Originally Posted by scottie80
On the main CX page click on "redeem flights" and then "flight award re-booking" on the next page.
Thank you - I also didin't know that! (and MPC have never told me that)
Old Mar 3, 2020, 5:11 pm

Programs: BAEC, AA Exec Plat
If I have an asiamiles booking with HKG stopover, do I need to call to make changes? If so, will they allow this for the same online fee of $25 / 1000 miles?

I have a few bookings for regional travel using Asiamiles, all are two sectors with a stopover in HKG, When trying to change online it shows 'not eligible' - is this because of the stopover. I thought these could be changed online, now that they can be initially booked online...

Sorry if this has been asked before but couldn't find answer anywhere.
Old Dec 14, 2021, 2:04 am
Original Member

Hello all
I am trying to change an Asia Miles award booking on BA (LON-NYC) and do not see any of the options to change the date online. I tried modify booking through the CX website and received an error stating ineligible booking and could not see anything to modify award booking on the Asia Miles website. Curious if anyone else has found the link to modify recently?

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.