Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Cathay Pacific now participates in US TSA Pre✓ 1 Nov

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2017, 10:25 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond

TSA Pre✓® expands to include 5 additional domestic and international airlines

Expedited screening now available through 42 air carriers

WASHINGTON — The Transportation Security Administration today announced the expansion of its TSA Pre✓® expedited screening program to five additional domestic and international carriers. Now in operation, the five new partnering airlines are All Nippon Airways, Cathay Pacific Airways, Contour Aviation, Finnair and Korean Air. Today’s announcement brings the number of airlines participating in TSA Pre✓® to 42 domestic and international carriers.

TSA Pre✓® is an expedited screening program that enables low-risk travelers to enjoy a smart and efficient screening experience at 200 U.S. airports. For TSA Pre✓® travelers, there is no need to remove shoes, laptops, 3-1-1 liquids, belts or light jackets.

TSA Pre✓® is available when departing from a U.S. airport to a foreign country, and for domestic, connecting flights after returning to the U.S. Travelers who are U.S. citizens, U.S. nationals and lawful permanent residents of the U.S. can apply for TSA Pre✓® for a cost of $85 for five years, or $17 per year through the TSA Pre✓® application program. Once approved, travelers will receive a “Known Traveler Number” and will have the opportunity to utilize TSA Pre✓® lanes at select security checkpoints when traveling on any of the 42 participating airlines.

Other passengers who are eligible for TSA Pre✓® include: U.S. Customs and Border Protection’s Trusted Traveler programs, Global Entry, NEXUS, and SENTRI. TSA Pre✓® is also available for U.S. Armed Forces service members, including those serving in the U.S. Coast Guard, Reserves and National Guard. To find the program that best suits your travel needs, use the Department of Homeland Security trusted traveler comparison tool.

As always, TSA continues to incorporate unpredictable security measures, both seen and unseen, throughout the airport. All travelers will be screened, and no individual will be guaranteed expedited screening.

For more information, visit tsa.gov or read the frequently asked questions.
Carfield, Burj, eyeballer and 1 others like this.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 10:37 am

Programs: CX Diamond, AA CK (quit 2018), Starwood Platinum, National EXC Elite
Finally !

Yay, at last
Old Oct 25, 2017, 10:41 am

Programs: UA, BA Avios, AMEX Plat
This definitely beats the other 72hr hold news this morning
prw555 likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 10:51 am
Original Member
Original Poster

But it doesn't look like website has been updated to accept KTN during booking or manage booking.

Please report back if KTN is captured during online and/or counter check-in if you have an ex-US flight coming up.

As a point of reference, when Air Canada joined, you had to check-in at airport to obtain PreCheck as they didn't roll out changes to the website upon PreCheck participation.
katsgone79 likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 11:15 am

Programs: UA, BA Avios, AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by seawolf
But it doesn't look like website has been updated to accept KTN during booking or manage booking.

Please report back if KTN is captured during online and/or counter check-in if you have an ex-US flight coming up.

As a point of reference, when Air Canada joined, you had to check-in at airport to obtain PreCheck as they didn't roll out changes to the website upon PreCheck participation.
I can't wait for this with CX in T8 at JFK now. My next ex-JFK isn't for another month though, maybe they will update website by then or allow to enter at check-in online.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 11:18 am

I don't know how long it will take, but I remember NH had precheck (supposedly) but nobody at the airport knew anything about it.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 11:29 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by s0ssos
I don't know how long it will take, but I remember NH had precheck (supposedly) but nobody at the airport knew anything about it.
Nh just joined precheck with cx?!?!?
Old Oct 25, 2017, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by kaka
Nh just joined precheck with cx?!?!?
No. They've had it for a while already. I was commenting on when they just announced they were starting it (and how nobody at the airport from the airline knew anything about it).
Old Oct 25, 2017, 11:45 am

Programs: CX Diamond, AA Gold, Bonvoy Platinum
I don't think Bradley terminal at LAX has a TSA Pre line at all. Maybe it will be worth going through AA terminal 4 and taking the bridge. (assuming no luggage check in at Bradley)
Old Oct 25, 2017, 2:12 pm

Programs: AA Plat, CX Silver
I'll be flying CX ex-SFO on Saturday. I'll have my GE card and will report back if the agent is able to add my KTN.
seawolf and Hottub Cowboy like this.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 3:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by prw555
Yay, at last
+1
Old Oct 25, 2017, 3:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by traveler18
I don't think Bradley terminal at LAX has a TSA Pre line at all. Maybe it will be worth going through AA terminal 4 and taking the bridge. (assuming no luggage check in at Bradley)
Correct. Been through a few times with other airlines.

No TSA Pre at TBIT

You can go through the TSA lines at T4 and take the Airside Connector walkway to TBIT.

EDIT to Add: Hmmm, now that the number of international airlines with TSA Pre has increased, I wonder if it is worth it for LAX TBIT to set up a TSA lane.

Last edited by 24left; Oct 25, 2017 at 3:29 pm
Old Oct 25, 2017, 4:26 pm

Programs: KF,JMB, OZ, SPG,AA,UA,AS
This is great news, will give it a try later next month.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 5:36 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
ORD doesn't have it too. But maybe we can get Pre Check lite?

I'm tempted to fly from JFK just for this, especially when I am more flexible. It may also suggest room for further cooperation for ex-JFK pax to use AA F check in?
Old Oct 25, 2017, 5:48 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Considering CX F gets Flagship a la carte Dining and PreCheck....really couldn't care less about Flagship Check-in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.