Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Online Check-in "Problem with your eTicket"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2017, 2:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP

Attempting online check-in at T-47:00, and I'm getting a message that online check-in is not available because there's a problem with my eTicket, and that I should contact my travel agent. Except I purchased my ticket on Cathay's website, and I've got an email from Cathay with an eTicket number.

Logging into Cathay's online check-in page using my booking ref code get's the "Problem with your eticket" message. Logging with my eticket number get's an error "invalid eticket number"

Logging into Cathay's site shows the trip in My Flights

I've read other threads with a similar problem, but they were all code shares. Mine is a CX flight, booked with CX.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 2:55 am
Suspended

Programs: None any more
How long ago did you purchase the ticket? If only a few hours then it may be that payment hasn't cleared yet.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 3:49 am

Programs: QF GA NZ WN. Accor+ Bonvoy IHC
Have had the same issue. I ended up calling and they fixed it, but I almost went mad beforehand
Old Oct 23, 2017, 5:11 am

Programs: QF Plat, BA GGL, VA Silver, SQ Gold, IHG Gold, HH Diamond, Accor Plat, Hertz Pres Circle
Is your connecting flight within 72 hours yet? If not, it'll be because the connecting flight's ticket coupon isn't under airport control yet, which happens at approx 72 hours before departure but not always.
Alawyer likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 8:12 pm

Programs: Frantic Hilton/Marriott runs
Originally Posted by madrooster
Is your connecting flight within 72 hours yet? If not, it'll be because the connecting flight's ticket coupon isn't under airport control yet, which happens at approx 72 hours before departure but not always.
That was the reason for my last error message. On another incident, I had changed my flights and for some reason the new reissued ticket is not on my reservation.

The consolation is that most of the time CX will give you the seat you had selected upon ticketing. You won't be in front of the line for upgrades based on your tier tho.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.