Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Arrival lounge/shower options at HKG?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2017, 10:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador; Hyatt Globalist; AA EXP; UA 1K

Hello fellow CX/OW fliers!

In a couple weeks I'll travel to HKG in J on AA193 from LAX. The arrival time is 7am and I'm wondering if there are any options for a refreshing shower before I head to my meeting at noon. I normally fly into HKG on CX, where I get arrival lounge access as OWE, but that doesn't apply to AA metal I assume.

Any idea where/how I can use some arrival facilities at the airport (even for a reasonable fee)? I also hold the Amex platinum card if it helps at all.

Cheers.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 11:14 am

Programs: CX GO, AC Aeroplan 25K, AMEX PLAT, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire Amb
Right across CX's The Arrival there is a Plaza Premium Lounge. With your Amex Platinum I believe you get free access. Otherwise it's 200HKD for a shower and 270HKD for a shower and breakfast. Their shower room is slight more right than The Arrival if I remember correctly, but more than sufficient. The lounge area is quite a bit bigger and likely with less crowd than CX's The Arrival.

https://www.plaza-network.com/locati...ty=Hong%20Kong
Scroll to "Plaza Premium Lounge (Arrival Hall)"
Old Oct 5, 2017, 11:25 am

Plaza Premium Arrival Lounge, accessible with Priority Pass from your Amex Plat. It's under the Airport Express station. Decent shower rooms, not much for breakfast though. I think they also have private resting rooms.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 1:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador; Hyatt Globalist; AA EXP; UA 1K
Thanks guys! I'll definitely check out the Plaza Premium lounge.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 5:00 am

Programs: CX GO (in hibernation mode), AA EXP, SPG GO, HH DM
Originally Posted by UltraSean
Thanks guys! I'll definitely check out the Plaza Premium lounge.
yes with you Amex you have Priority Pass which will grant you access. Just make sure to either download the app and show the bar code upon checking in or bring your Priority Pass card. I think the showers there ok but prefer the CX arrivals lounge as they are brighter and seemed to be more recently renovated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.