Search

Flight changes

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2017, 11:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: Asia Miles, Flying Blue, Skywards
Flight changes

Hi,

I have never flown with CP before and a little worried in regards to my transfer time at HKG to getting to ICN. I am flying from LHR on CX250 and I have checked with some friends who live in Hong Kong and they have mentioned to me that the time of 1 hour and 10 minutes should be fine. Im just more concerned in case the flight from LHR is delayed and I miss the 14.25 ICN flight.

Would LHR be able to move me onto an earlier flight as I see there is one that lands at 11.55am? I know that this will be subject to charges and also if there are available seats. I just do not want to miss my connection as I am not in SK for long.

Thank you
Old Aug 30, 2017, 10:56 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat HH Diamond
Relax. You will be fine. 1 hour 10 minutes is plenty of time to connect at HKG anytime of the day. If your flight happens to land late, there will be agents at the gate to meet all connecting passengers who may miss their flight. They will direct you how to get thru Security the fastest and provide more assistance if needed.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 11:15 pm

Programs: CX
1hr 10 mins is sufficient. Did a ~55 min connection a few months ago and I had time to buy a coffee after going through the transfer area of HKG. As poster mentioned above, Cathay Pacific ground agents will be there once you walk off your LHR flight in case of any delays and will provide assistance
Old Aug 31, 2017, 12:33 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Are both flights on the same ticket?
Old Aug 31, 2017, 1:26 am

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF
Originally Posted by LondonElite
Are both flights on the same ticket?
Even if on separate tickets, the OP would be protected for CX-CX connections.

Can't find the link right now, but even at the nadir, CX had notified that only CX-CX separate tickets would be eligible for bag through check, and protection..before resuming baggage check through for all interline partners (that notice had been silent on protection).
Old Aug 31, 2017, 3:30 pm

Programs: CX
Even if you miss 418, 416 is just two hours later. Unless that flight so happen to be fully booked too.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 3:43 pm

Programs: IHG Spire | Marriott Plat | UA Plat | AA Plat Pro
I was able to make a 1 hour 10 min connection that turned into 45 minutes because of ATC making us circle for a bit and that was between a gate 2 or3 (can't remember exactly) arrival and gate 43 departure. Mind you I was one of the last to board but still made it.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 8:39 pm

Programs: CX DM, SPG Pt, Le Club Accor GO, Shangri-La GC Jade
Originally Posted by nolounge
Even if you miss 418, 416 is just two hours later. Unless that flight so happen to be fully booked too.
No worry... Ground crew will know 250 will be so late that you can't connect to 418 way before 418 close the door... If you can't make 418 likely that they'll "swap" your 418 seat with someone from 416... i.e. moving someone flying 416 to 418 to spare a seat for you... Unless 416 is soooo overbooked

Originally Posted by TravelwhileyouEat
I was able to make a 1 hour 10 min connection that turned into 45 minutes because of ATC making us circle for a bit and that was between a gate 2 or3 (can't remember exactly) arrival and gate 43 departure. Mind you I was one of the last to board but still made it.
45 minutes is adequate... I made a 25 mins connection last year from Gate 4x to 50x...
Old Sep 2, 2017, 12:30 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by sscywong
45 minutes is adequate... I made a 25 mins connection last year from Gate 4x to 50x...
25 minutes again https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cath...s-thereon.html
Old Sep 13, 2017, 12:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Asia Miles, Flying Blue, Skywards
Thank you everybody for you reassurance. I will stop my worries of this. Im usually used to flying with Emirates to ICN. First time traveller with CX, so Im sure they shall be very accommodating of me with the time frame.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.