Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Premium Economy.. BKK Premium Lane?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2017, 7:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plt /Delta DM/ Marriott Platinum Prem./Hilton Diamond / Hyatt Globalist /Hertz PS / National EE
Premium Economy.. BKK Premium Lane?

Hello.

Booking a short flight using miles form HKG-BKK. I would book Premium Economy (lie flat seat pointless for 2 hours) but I know BKK immigration lines stink so the extra points may be worth it just for the premium lane. Does anyone have any experience with this? I am emerald and once I got a Premium lane pass sitting in coach but thats a one-off.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 9:15 am

Express passes are for JCL and FCL pax according to the manual, but if you bribe your crew with chocolates or threaten with a complain, then you might get one if the ISM is a pushover and is willing to bend over backwards for you.

If you're willing to walk down the immigration area to the next 'hall', there might not even be a lane when the other 'hall' is jam packed full.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 9:15 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
No and you won't get one b/c you are EXP either
Old Aug 3, 2017, 7:57 pm

Programs: MPC SL
I used the premium lane at BKK multiple times with my APEC card. They never checked if I had the card with me. So honestly if you just go through the premium lane, no one is going to check probably. Even if they check, just say you went to the wrong immigration area.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 9:08 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
I have seen them turf out posers and fakers so not great advice.

You can buy these passes for 400 Baht if one cannot afford J or F.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 3:52 am

Programs: CX JL QR LH BA
Originally Posted by imnewhere
I used the premium lane at BKK multiple times with my APEC card. They never checked if I had the card with me. So honestly if you just go through the premium lane, no one is going to check probably. Even if they check, just say you went to the wrong immigration area.
Ewwwww....
Old Aug 4, 2017, 4:18 am

Programs: BA EC
staff will collect your card and check it before letting you get in the premium lane.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 4:45 am

Programs: Star Gold, Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, EY Silver
This will cost you a lot of wasted time as, if you are not caught while waiting in line, then the officer will most likely send you packing. Easy for someone with and APEC card to suggest this of course.
Old Aug 6, 2017, 1:29 am

I remember in the past post about this topic, you can buy the fast pass for 1000 THB something? I think that's affordable
Old Aug 7, 2017, 5:33 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

I don't think any airline gives Premium Economy passengers express immigration or security passes.

Think about it, its Premium, but Economy. So, Economy but with better seats (on CX, and most times on other airlines), and theoretically better food (again on CX, and many other airlines).

In terms of ground experience, I don't suppose there would be much difference with Economy other than a separate check-in counter.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.