Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

How many CX/KA planes does not have IFE?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How many CX/KA planes does not have IFE?

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2017, 6:42 pm

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by jkuok
Thank you everyone for their input, i just want to make sure that all KA A320 does not have IFE or are they on specific route?
mate, you're a regular here! Search!

Literally the top thread: "Key Threads for FAQs and Newbies...", bottom link = "Fleet and Equipment Information". sxc (our moderator) has posted the link in the very first post there.

The birds with the "bring your own device" nonsense in Y class are all KA A320s now. No other birds have that.
Old May 28, 2017, 7:24 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Ausriver
I think it is the "new" version of A320 seats and it seems all of the A320s have been refitted to this new seats. I like the overhead bin design which are larger than the previous version and more practical. I wouldn't mind no screen for 2 hours, but they do need to put in USB ports at least.
The bins are huge and I wish all planes had bins that large. Would save so much onboard angst.
Old May 28, 2017, 8:05 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Ausriver
The thing I hate most with those planes are that they do not have USB port for charging. An two hour flight will use half of my iPad's power and cause problem for the rest of the day.
If only someone made little batteries you could use to top up the charge. And could get them around $20 or so. That would solve a lot of problems.
Old May 29, 2017, 2:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by QRC3288
mate, you're a regular here! Search!

Literally the top thread: "Key Threads for FAQs and Newbies...", bottom link = "Fleet and Equipment Information". sxc (our moderator) has posted the link in the very first post there.

The birds with the "bring your own device" nonsense in Y class are all KA A320s now. No other birds have that.
Mate, thank you. Believe it or not thats the first place i went and read through the google doc. Not the sticky but hey thanks for point it out

I will do my best and not book any KA A320, I would assume the A321 do have IFE?
Old May 29, 2017, 2:50 am

Originally Posted by jkuok
Mate, thank you. Believe it or not thats the first place i went and read through the google doc. Not the sticky but hey thanks for point it out

I will do my best and not book any KA A320, I would assume the A321 do have IFE?
correct. they do.

"bring your own device" is such a cop-out. what it really means is weight savings and thus fuel savings. airlines trying to spin that positively is nonsense.

although, as someone above indicated, the KA A320s DO have the best overhead bins fleetwide, they're huge. Comparable to the A350s, maybe even bigger.
Old May 29, 2017, 2:54 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
I don't see what is so bad with the A320 bring your own device. Screen quality on my iphone is better than the in seat screens, and I can use my own headphones and not get tangled up in my seat.

There aren't USB ports, but there are proper power points under the seat.
Old May 29, 2017, 4:19 am

Originally Posted by sxc
I don't see what is so bad with the A320 bring your own device. Screen quality on my iphone is better than the in seat screens, and I can use my own headphones and not get tangled up in my seat.

There aren't USB ports, but there are proper power points under the seat.
For whatever reason, I just haven't taken to the bring your own device thing. I'll flip something on if I have a screen and AVOD system. For some reason I don't if I have my own device. Maybe I'm getting too old!
Old May 29, 2017, 8:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
My phone screen is small and nowhere as pleasant as the usual plane screen. I dislike having to keep holding the phone near my face. And I don't want to buy an iPad just for KA. I do not remember to bring earphones for my flight (I never use earphones in my daily life).
On my last flight I had a mix of A330/A320 and was quite unhappy not to have any IFE on my 2 hours return leg (I forgot my earphones and battery was very low).

I understand the weight argument but if CX/KA wants to be positioned as a "better" premium airline, this is a significant drawback. Some people don't mind, but I sillily do.
Old May 29, 2017, 9:22 am
Original Poster

the problem with bring you own device for me and many people seating next to me is headphone. We were totally caught off guard and we weren't comfortable playing anything out loud.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.