Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Earn to FFP A, use FFP B status benefits - not allowed now? [Probably still allowed]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Earn to FFP A, use FFP B status benefits - not allowed now? [Probably still allowed]

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2017, 11:07 pm
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE

From CX secrets (
):

"AHQ!唔該你地!求下你地!拜下你地!可唔可以唔好再騷擾我地HKIA嘅運作!
其實你地唔熟我地嘅運作,就唔好set埋啲垃圾新玩法啦!
上年無啦啦話只可以用一個membership,唔俾改,status跟死check in時入乜就係乜。
之後又玩 seperate ticket唔through check 。
再跟住Rimova行李箱喺oversize counter落再加fragile tag。
宜家又話ticket name 要100% match with Passport。
朝令夕改,全部都係玩一陣唔玩,你地修改容易,但啲貴客會唔會咁乖去順應呢?鬧就我地食哂!鬧一排又改玩法 !好難捉摸呀!
真係AHQ! Hi Auntie !
For those who can't read Cantonese, here's the translation for the bolded line:
"Last year you [AHQ, whatever department that is] said [pax] can only use one membership, changes not allowed, status must match with whatever is inputted in system during check in"

Is this the case? So if I accrue to other program but wanted to use my Emerald benefits (ie lounges particularly) and/or change it back again before boarding, that's a no no at HKG? Any recent anecdotes? This will be a big blow for me as I renewed AA EXP until 2019 but plan to start accruing to CX (as an SL)...
Old May 14, 2017, 12:36 am

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by G-CIVC
From CX secrets (link):

For those who can't read Cantonese, here's the translation for the bolded line:
"Last year you [AHQ, whatever department that is] said [pax] can only use one membership, changes not allowed, status must match with whatever is inputted in system during check in"

Is this the case? So if I accrue to other program but wanted to use my Emerald benefits (ie lounges particularly) and/or change it back again before boarding, that's a no no at HKG? Any recent anecdotes? This will be a big blow for me as I renewed AA EXP until 2019 but plan to start accruing to CX (as an SL)...
That would indeed suck particularly for folks like yourself and me as well....although I also gotta say, it's kinda smart of CX if that's the case. Tryin to lock guys like me in from earning elsewhere once we clear whatever threshold we're aiming for (1800 in my case). I would actually have some respect for them doing that, even though I don't benefit.
Old May 14, 2017, 2:01 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Change at gate?
Old May 14, 2017, 2:39 am
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Originally Posted by kaka
Change at gate?
that's the question I wanted to ask, whether anyone successfully did this since the post on CX secrets seems to imply this is no longer possible/allowed.
Old May 14, 2017, 2:41 am
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Okay, looking at it again, who knows, since '朝令夕改,全部都係玩一陣唔玩,你地修改容易,但啲貴客會唔會咁乖去順應呢?鬧就我地食哂!鬧一排又改玩 法 !好難捉摸呀!' may have implied this policy was once imposed but then again lifted thereafter.
Old May 14, 2017, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by G-CIVC
Okay, looking at it again, who knows, since '朝令夕改,全部都係玩一陣唔玩,你地修改容易,但啲貴客會唔會咁乖去順應呢?鬧就我地食哂!鬧一排又改玩 法 !好難捉摸呀!' may have implied this policy was once imposed but then again lifted thereafter.
But we could always change it at the lounge or online right?

If not couldnt pax use the lounge base on FFP B? During check in/lounge entrance show the card/status?
Old May 14, 2017, 2:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jkuok
But we could always change it at the lounge or online right?

If not couldnt pax use the lounge base on FFP B? During check in/lounge entrance show the card/status?
My understanding is they won't change it after you check in. So you'd have to choose the miles or the benefits.

Its pretty easy to enforce, whether they will is another question.
Old May 14, 2017, 5:41 pm

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
can we still have our membership number removed?
Old May 14, 2017, 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by Ausriver
can we still have our membership number removed?
I just had my membership number removed at the gate at TPE yesterday.
Old May 15, 2017, 6:29 am

Programs: CX GO, BA Gold, OZ*G, IHG Spire RA
A couple weeks ago I had my FFP number removed on a paid J ticket LHR to HKG. I did this at check in and was told I could only access the J lounge. At the lounge I showed them my DM card and they asked if they should add it on. I declined and was still granted access to the F lounge.
Old May 15, 2017, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So if they want to enforce this, it's easy. (1) Require a FFN on the boarding pass in order to enter the lounge. (2) Do not allow removal of FFN after check-in. (3) ???? (4) Profit!
Whether they do, and consistently, is of course a separate issue.
Old May 15, 2017, 7:15 pm

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
I guess in order to get FFN removed at CX lounge, we need to be flying out on CX/KA metal, as long as pax travelling on CX, what is actually cost CX to avoid the pax using lounge? Would they rather prefer to turn away pax chose to fly CX?
Old May 23, 2017, 6:42 am

Programs: AAdvatage Executive Platinum / Cathay Pacific Marco Polo Club - Green
Anyone have any further news about this....

Anyone having difficulty switching Frequent flier membership after accessing the lounge?

I am currently CX gold and AA Plat (should be exec plat by the end of the year). I currently keep my gold number in till 35 mins before departure to maximise my upgrade chance. I'd obviously like to keep doing this.
Old May 23, 2017, 6:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by ijgordon
So if they want to enforce this, it's easy. (1) Require a FFN on the boarding pass in order to enter the lounge. (2) Do not allow removal of FFN after check-in. (3) ???? (4) Profit!
Whether they do, and consistently, is of course a separate issue.
So by (2), if someone is flying on a paid IFC ticket but just doesn't want to participate in a FF program, they would not be allowed by CX to use any lounge? That's harsh and might primarily affect customers with the most expensive tickets.
Old May 23, 2017, 8:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
So by (2), if someone is flying on a paid IFC ticket but just doesn't want to participate in a FF program, they would not be allowed by CX to use any lounge? That's harsh and might primarily affect customers with the most expensive tickets.
This thread is about elite status benefits.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.