FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Cathay Pacific | Cathay (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-cathay-487/)
-   -   USA Cathay Pacific Credit card from Synchrony Bank (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-cathay/1820116-usa-cathay-pacific-credit-card-synchrony-bank.html)

pointsifu Sep 4, 2018 4:46 pm

Looking at the fine prints, it say (bold and underline mine):

40,000 WELCOME BONUS MILES OFFER: Only one Welcome Bonus Miles offer per person. Not available to applicants who have or have had the Cathay Pacific Visa card. Qualifying net purchases must post to your account within 90 days of account opening. For new accounts only. Account must remain open, be in good standing and not become delinquent at the time the bonus miles are indicated on your Cathay Pacific billing statement and bonus miles will be posted to your Asia Miles account within 1-2 billing cycles after the net qualifying purchase(s) are made. Annual fee or any other fees and interests are not qualifying purchases. Your Cathay Pacific Visa card must be successfully linked to your Asia Miles account to receive Bonus Asia Miles.

Anyone knows if this is indeed enforced?

garykung Sep 5, 2018 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by pointsifu (Post 30167676)
Anyone knows if this is indeed enforced?

Always assume yes.

(I don't know why it is difficult to believe what you have read...)

kwac0nline Sep 10, 2018 7:07 am

Not sure about cancelling online, but doubt it as I've never been able to contact them via secure message.

Called to check for retention offer before AF posted and was told no retention offer or spending bonus.

After AF posted, called to check for retention offer, received $500 spend for 3,000 AM. Declined and cancelled.

slickvik Sep 10, 2018 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by pete.th (Post 30155765)
DP for those thinking of canceling the card: Called in today and was offered 3000 miles for spending $500 in 3 months. Refused and closed the account.

My offer was 3000 miles for spending $500 a month for 3 months. I also received another promotion recently for 5000 miles after spending $5000 by December 31. So conjunction 8000 bonus for spending $5000. Not sure if worth it.

ALGU Nov 28, 2018 9:06 pm

Received the same offer, it seems like its a must read script for all cancellation requests over the phone.

corpgator Dec 6, 2018 5:12 pm

My offer was 7,500 for spending $1500 per month. I declined as I already have other cards I need to meet min spend on and 2.66 ppc isn't that great when I also have to pay the $95 fee. They also said I need to pay the annual fee then it will take 1-2 billing cycles to refund. That's pretty crappy that I have to wait for the refund check.

mcdullhk88 Dec 11, 2018 7:51 am

How long does it take to get MPC GR after getting the card? Had the card for almost a month and still no MPC GR. Never was in MPC before, only AM.

Edit: asking for someone else; please ignore my profile.

Edit: sorry for the ignorance. Have to enroll separately on CX website, and the fee will be waived. Anniversary/expiration date is based on the month you enroll on CX site, not the credit card anniversary date.

Paulchili Feb 22, 2019 9:44 am

Got this card and met the spending requirement, Miles (42K) show on my CC account. How soon will they post in my Asia Miles account?
TIA

JohnGreat Feb 23, 2019 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by Paulchili (Post 30809754)
Got this card and met the spending requirement, Miles (42K) show on my CC account. How soon will they post in my Asia Miles account?
TIA

For my case, in two days after my CC closing statement.

Paulchili Feb 23, 2019 10:32 pm

Originally Posted by JohnGreat (Post 30813584)

For my case, in two days after my CC closing statement.

Thank you - indeed that is what happened.
The bank website said it might take one or two billing cycles. I am glad that it did not.

HariOm Mar 10, 2019 1:07 pm

Am I the only one facing this? In August 2018, I received an email from [email protected] with the subject: An 8,000 Asia Miles Bonus Offer. The email included the below promotion to spend $8000 by 12/31 to earn 8000 bonus miles. I enrolled, got a confirmation of enrollment, met the spend and never received the miles. Per the guidelines, I waited two billing cycles after 12/31, then called Synchrony Bank, and they told me they had no record of this promo and that I had to call Asia Miles. I then spent more than an hour on the phone with Asia Miles, where they also had no record of this promo. Then I sent them screenshots of the promo offer and my enrollment confirmation and requested the miles. That was three weeks ago. Today I resent the email. Anyone else encounter this promo?

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...b9a4327469.png

Paulchili Mar 10, 2019 10:33 pm

Originally Posted by HariOm (Post 30869798)
Am I the only one facing this? In August 2018, I received an email from [email protected] with the subject: An 8,000 Asia Miles Bonus Offer. The email included the below promotion to spend $8000 by 12/31 to earn 8000 bonus miles. I enrolled, got a confirmation of enrollment, met the spend and never received the miles. Per the guidelines, I waited two billing cycles after 12/31, then called Synchrony Bank, and they told me they had no record of this promo and that I had to call Asia Miles. I then spent more than an hour on the phone with Asia Miles, where they also had no record of this promo. Then I sent them screenshots of the promo offer and my enrollment confirmation and requested the miles. That was three weeks ago. Today I resent the email. Anyone else encounter this promo?

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...b9a4327469.png

Not much of a promo - is it?
If you spend $8k you will get 8K miles anyway without the promo.

maverick17 Mar 10, 2019 11:01 pm

I got a ridiculously good 'per transaction' bonus offer on this card. But after not using the card for 18 months, the algos are shutting me down after every transaction. I'm anticipating having trouble getting my miles, just like hariom. The joys of Synchrony I guess.

HariOm Mar 11, 2019 7:17 am

Originally Posted by Paulchili (Post 30871489)
Not much of a promo - is it?
If you spend $8k you will get 8K miles anyway without the promo.

The offer says bonus miles.

ajhira Mar 14, 2019 9:25 pm

Synchrony Bank - the worst possible US bank??

Hi - has anyone else here had major issues with this bank or is it just me? My card is constantly under review and blocked yet my spending pattern is exactly the same - only hotel stays and meals. They have replaced my card 3 times in the past year for "security" reasons and also blocked my card 5-6 times for no reason. There hasn't been a single breach on my account YET.

Let me know if anyone else has such issues?