Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

What door is used to board/deboard 773ER?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2016, 1:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;

My family and I will soon be flying HKG-KUL on CX, 773ER.
We need to hurry out of the plane to make a tight connection, and therefore would like to select seats nearest to the door that'll most likely be used to exit the aircraft in KUL.
We're flying business class.
What door does CX (or KUL airport) normally use for this type of an aircraft, L1 or L2 (or do they use both - L1 for business, L2 for coach?)

Thanks,
Bostonbali

Last edited by bostonbali; Dec 1, 2016 at 10:30 pm
Old Dec 1, 2016, 4:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by bostonbali
What door does CX (or KUL airport) normally use for this type of an aircraft, L1 or L2 (or do they use both - L1 for business, L2 for coach?)
Both L1 and L2. For boarding, L1 for F/J and L2 for W/Y. For deboarding, usually it's L2 for port aisle and L1 for starboard aisle.

Last edited by dkc192; Dec 2, 2016 at 12:55 am
Old Dec 1, 2016, 6:47 pm

Programs: CX MPO DM, Le Club Accor Platinum, World of Hyatt Explorist
My family and I will soon be flying KUL-HKG on CX, 773ER.
We need to hurry out of the plane to make a tight connection, and therefore would like to select seats nearest to the door that'll most likely be used to exit the aircraft in KUL.
We're flying business class.

Thanks,
Bostonbali
Pick seats in the forward section if you have a tight connection, inform the cabin crew of such as well so they may assist you. Also for passengers with tight connection a ground staff will be available at the gate to extend assistance also.

Lastly please be reminded that you need to be at the boarding gate 30 minutes before departure to avoid any disruption to your travel plans.
Old Dec 1, 2016, 9:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
[QUOTE=FlyPointyEnd;
Lastly please be reminded that you need to be at the boarding gate 30 minutes before departure to avoid any disruption to your travel plans.[/QUOTE]

...ok... Thanks for the PSA... The boarding cut-off depends on the airline. In my case, I'll be flying back out of KUL (as indicated on my post) with MH. Their cut-off is actually 20 minutes per their policy.

Last edited by bostonbali; Dec 1, 2016 at 10:33 pm
Old Dec 1, 2016, 10:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

In your OP, you stated that you're flying CX from KUL to HKG. How does MH factor into the equation?
Old Dec 1, 2016, 10:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by moondog
In your OP, you stated that you're flying CX from KUL to HKG. How does MH factor into the equation?
Ah, good catch - my mistake! I'll be flying CX HKG-KUL, then transferring to MH (short connection).

Does KUL airport and CX still use L1 and L2 for deplaning in KUL?
Old Dec 1, 2016, 10:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by FlyPointyEnd

Lastly please be reminded that you need to be at the boarding gate 30 minutes before departure to avoid any disruption to your travel plans.
I remember the "be at gate 30 minutes prior" thread from earlier this year, but have yet to receive a boarding pass of this ilk. As such, I continue to adhere to t-20 without incident.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 12:54 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Ah, good catch - my mistake! I'll be flying CX HKG-KUL, then transferring to MH (short connection).

Yes.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 2:29 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob

Assume you have no check in baggage? CX won't check it through to MH if you do.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 10:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sxc
Assume you have no check in baggage? CX won't check it through to MH if you do.
Due to the stupid new OW rule, we'll be schlepping everything in our carry-ons, no checked luggage. Can't begin to describe how idiotic this rule is, but I'm not the first one to complain about it...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.