Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CX First Class Lounge selection

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2016, 12:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CX Diamond, Hyatt DM, Le Club Accor etc...
CX First Class Lounge selection

Hi everyone,

I had a up coming trip to Japan which mostly will be boarding at gate 26. I am coming in from US at 6AM flight and wondering if I should spend my time at The Wing first class lounge or shall I try The Pier First Class lounge instead?

Since at 6AM in the morning, no shop were open yet and my flight is not departing until 9:30AM.

Thanks,
Old Jun 13, 2016, 1:05 pm

Programs: pleb
This is a question best answered by yourself. Have you been to either lounge? And how sure are you that your next flight will be departing out of gate 26? I'd usually pick the lounge that's closest to my departing gate but if you're in the middle that's honestly up to you. If equal distance I'd probably pick The Pier these days.
Old Jun 13, 2016, 1:27 pm

Programs: AA Plat, CX Silver
I personally prefer the Pier as it's quieter than the Wing. I don't think the walk back to 26 would be more than about 10 minutes so I'd probably head to the Pier.
Old Jun 13, 2016, 6:17 pm

Programs: BA Gold
I'd recommend the pier too, although if the cabanas appeal to you then early morning might be a chance to bag one (I've only ever had luck on 6am arrivals into HKG)
Old Jun 13, 2016, 9:47 pm

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
HoW do you know it's departing from gate 26?
Old Jun 13, 2016, 11:02 pm

Programs: RJ Gold, AZ E+, Air Asia Platinum
Slightly OT,because it's probably not a concern to the majority of pax,but since I don't eat pork I find the breakfast selection in The Wing much better for me than the one at The Pier. In the The Pier there is not much appart from the omelette and salmon salad for me.So while I understand that most travellers are not affected by this,but I would think there are plenty of vegeterians who would probably be upset by lack of choice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.