Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Cathay Pacific premium economy - retrofit legrests

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2016, 10:35 pm
Original Poster

Do you think that Cathay Pacific will retrofit 77W's premium economy since the all-new premium economy on A350 is extremely perfect and also the change is huge?
Old May 30, 2016, 12:09 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
They probably won't retro fit for a while.

And I think it's a little early to declare the seats extremely perfect given no real customers have flown them yet.
Old May 30, 2016, 12:53 am
Original Poster

I see. Thanks.
Old May 30, 2016, 2:05 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Some new frames I've flown on (QQ, QU, QW...etc) have had a more extendable legrest and much higher quality PTV. I wonder if the older frames will eventually get these, but I doubt CX would ever be bothered.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 10:07 am

Programs: DL DM; BAEC Gold; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Titanium
Unfortunately don't see the higher quality PTVs, but recently flew JFK-HKG in PEY, and saw that all of the seats were retrofitted with the leg rests, as opposed to just the bulkhead.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 10:13 am

Programs: BA SL, CX GR, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by thejonathanlee
Unfortunately don't see the higher quality PTVs, but recently flew JFK-HKG in PEY, and saw that all of the seats were retrofitted with the leg rests, as opposed to just the bulkhead.
Yes, CX added leg rests to PEY of the 77Ws. No idea with the quality of PTVs though.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 11:31 am

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
Originally Posted by SLGO
Yes, CX added leg rests to PEY of the 77Ws. No idea with the quality of PTVs though.
Had 2 77W flights this past weekend in PEY, and neither had the leg rests on non-bulkhead seats.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 12:13 pm

Programs: TK*G
Originally Posted by SLGO
As far as I remember, earlier planes got 10.6" PTV for Y+ while later deliveries receive 11.1" (or 12"? I forgot) PTV. Don't think the current update includes PTV since they are still relatively new.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 4:49 pm

Programs: CX MPC Silver, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by sxc
They probably won't retro fit for a while.

And I think it's a little early to declare the seats extremely perfect given no real customers have flown them yet.
I was upgraded to PEY on my flight from Bangkok to Hongkong in A350 a few months back. The seat was very nice, with leg extender for all, better TV screen and control etc. From now on, given a choice, I would pick the PEY A350 instead of the old seats on 777.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 5:10 pm

Location: Vancouver, Manila, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Hong Kong
Programs: CX-DM, Marriott Gold, Fairmont Premier
Originally Posted by Wudang
From now on, given a choice, I would pick the PEY A350 instead of the old seats on 777.
Agree with you on this. I was recently upgraded for free from Y to PEY last friday on my trip from HKG to MNL. 3rd time sitting on the new A350 PEY and I actually quite enjoy it over the older PEY seats.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 5:10 pm

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
Originally Posted by Wudang
I was upgraded to PEY on my flight from Bangkok to Hongkong in A350 a few months back. The seat was very nice, with leg extender for all, better TV screen and control etc. From now on, given a choice, I would pick the PEY A350 instead of the old seats on 777.
For me, it's a toss-up.

I like the leg rest, reduced noise, wifi and better IFE on the 359. However, the 773 seat seems to have better cushioning and maybe a little wider, making it a more comfortable seat for the really long haul flights.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 5:55 pm

Programs: Marco Polo
I doubt it, they might possibly update the IFE when they go in for the Y 10 abreast retrofit however I wouldn't get your hopes up.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 8:57 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Oh...leg rest is on new PEY seats only. I've just been back from SYD on a 77G and was wondering why no legrest (second trip on PEY so it's been a while...)
Old Apr 18, 2017, 10:01 pm

Programs: BA SL, CX GR, IHG Plat Amb
Oh I though I read somewhere saying the added leg rest on 77Ws. Sorry for providing an inaccurate piece of info.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 10:05 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
They did apparently, but only on select frames.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.