Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR over CX?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2016, 8:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX DM / SQ PPS / VN Platinum
Flew the SGN - PHL legs, and will def be giving QR some of my longhaul biz from CX in future.

I prefer seat on the QR 787 better to the CX seat. More comfy (has padding) and generally a better design of the seat and the space around it. Negatives are that it feels less private than CX seat, and in bed position one's legs are well underneath IFE screen, which is a bit claustrophobic.

Seat on 777 was great for a husband and wife. Less idea for a solo traveler, there is someone next to you. Mattress pads v nice touch though.

Catering - no comparison. QR's offering felt much closer to CX F than to CX J. Large selection, good quality, and fully dine on demand.

Service - seemed same. maybe a touch warmer on QR compared to the HKG to JFK legs on CX.

Bells and whistles - more on QR than CX, if that matters to you. PJs in J, better amenity kit, choice of cold or hot towels, etc.

IFE - I think QR had more choice than CX.

Lounge in DOH was nothing special, but perfectly fine for a few hours layover.
Old Jul 5, 2016, 11:48 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Jane's Addiction
8 hours. Can grab a hotel room. Not ideal but tolerable for 5k in savings.
I flew QR recently on both the new A359 and the 777. The former was much nicer as mentioned by many already, but I found the 777 more than adequate and the catering was excellent.

Jut as a side note, I also had a 8+ hour layover and I used it to do the following:

1) Free Doha City Tour- http://www.qatarairways.com/us/en/of...city-tour.page
2) Shower
3) Dinner at the Al Mourjan Lounge, which was nice enough

It was during Ramadan, so things were a little slow at the airport, including no alcohol served at the lounge, but that is over now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.