FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Cathay Pacific | Cathay (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-cathay-487/)
-   -   Premium Fare Deals Thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-cathay/1764591-premium-fare-deals-thread.html)

mxr Aug 28, 2017 8:42 am

For the europeans:

Just grabbed tickets from ARN I/E combo 1350 EUR (bookable for 1700 all in business). Bookable up to 7 days before departure. Routing over LHR both ways, with the feeder to ARN its around ~1500 for me. Incredible value for money!

Checked for HKG-SIN after that and business saver showed up for 16k HKD. I'd be furious, especially for having to book those price hikes when booking less than 3d2n stays.

SLGO Aug 28, 2017 8:43 am

Originally Posted by mxr (Post 28745471)
For the europeans:

Just grabbed tickets from ARN I/E combo 1350 EUR (bookable for 1700 all in business). Bookable up to 7 days before departure. Routing over LHR both ways, with the feeder to ARN its around ~1500 for me. Incredible value for money!

Checked for HKG-SIN after that and business saver showed up for 16k HKD. I'd be furious, especially for having to book those price hikes when booking less than 3d2n stays.

I'm so jealous for the Europeans ;)

nh1980 Aug 28, 2017 1:58 pm

Have seen that ex-LHR there are some good prices for flights to mainland China in Business (I class) as of 11 September e.g. A return flying out of Heathrow to Kunming or Shanghai prices at £2.3k on some dates vs. double that or more on earlier dates. This price doesn't appear for straight LHR-HKG returns

For those willing to position to ARN though, the fare posted above is a much better deal

sxc Sep 26, 2017 1:57 am

For those who like to fly to Australia ex-HKG, there's currently a QF flash sale:

Premium Economy: $8,800 + tax
Business: $18,880 + tax

Book by 28 September.

Remember club points earned on QF aren't as good as if you are flying CX, but these fares are a good deal.

fakecd Sep 26, 2017 5:58 am

Originally Posted by sxc (Post 28859163)
For those who like to fly to Australia ex-HKG, there's currently a QF flash sale:

Premium Economy: $8,800 + tax
Business: $18,880 + tax

Book by 28 September.

Remember club points earned on QF aren't as good as if you are flying CX, but these fares are a good deal.

thx

but just realized travel on those fare is for dec and beyond....

sxc Sep 26, 2017 6:01 am

Originally Posted by fakecd (Post 28859552)
thx

but just realized travel on those fare is for dec and beyond....

Premium economy is available for travel now. J fares are more selected months but still widely available.

DrAlex Oct 9, 2017 4:18 pm

What would anyone consider as a "good deal" (HKD or USD) for a one way on CX in business (booking into I) from any SE Asia location to the US??

There are some I fares available for next September that are decent, but I'm not sure what qualifies as "good deal". Most of the fare deals are posted a R/T. TIA.

QRC3288 Oct 9, 2017 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by DrAlex (Post 28912901)
What would anyone consider as a "good deal" (HKD or USD) for a one way on CX in business (booking into I) from any SE Asia location to the US??

There are some I fares available for next September that are decent, but I'm not sure what qualifies as "good deal". Most of the fare deals are posted a R/T. TIA.

It would be helpful if you posted what #s you're seeing.

G-CIVC Oct 9, 2017 6:43 pm

A decent I class deal, I would say, is one between US$6 to 10 per CP tax inclusive.

Yes, one can renew DM for just 7200 USD! All in premium cabins, or even CX metal!

DrAlex Oct 9, 2017 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by QRC3288 (Post 28913166)
It would be helpful if you posted what #s you're seeing.

I think the lowest I've found are I fares at $2100 USD from SGN to SFO.

SEA777GUY Oct 10, 2017 1:37 pm

Looking to fly business from SIN-HKG-JFK O/W on my return from the 2018 SIN DO. I found a fare of $3673 USD and I am wondering if that is a "good deal" or not? Does CX have winter sales that might offer a better fare. IE, should I wait to buy?

andersonCooper Oct 10, 2017 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by SEA777GUY (Post 28916668)
Looking to fly business from SIN-HKG-JFK O/W on my return from the 2018 SIN DO. I found a fare of $3673 USD and I am wondering if that is a "good deal" or not? Does CX have winter sales that might offer a better fare. IE, should I wait to buy?

IIRC last year there was a short black friday sale on Thanksgiving.

The price you quoted was normal. I would not say it's a good deal.

christep Oct 11, 2017 5:45 am

Do you really need to go via HKG (which means CX)? Have a look at deals on QR for example. It is normally possible to do roundtrip J from Asia to US for less than you quote.

ajeleonard Oct 11, 2017 6:00 am

Cash fares for one way flights are rarely a good deal, miles are a better option

HaikalS Oct 15, 2017 7:08 am

Originally Posted by G-CIVC (Post 28913297)
A decent I class deal, I would say, is one between US$6 to 10 per CP tax inclusive.

Yes, one can renew DM for just 7200 USD! All in premium cabins, or even CX metal!

Wow - I've never seen $6 per CP. What routes would that be??