Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Krug is out, Deutz is in for CX F (Actually Krug is still in)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2016, 10:37 pm
Original Poster

Update 2/16 – Krug is still being poured in F. I just flew LAX-HKG and it was there. Sorry for the confusion.

I flew in CX F last night and was surprised to see that they are now serving 2005 Deutz Blanc de Blanc in F for 2016. My F flight two days ago had Krug, so apparently the change was made on January 1st.

I have never been a fan of Krug, compared to the fine vintage Champagnes that other airlines serve. But I kept an open mind about the Deutz as I gave it a serious tasting.

My assessment is that it's exceptional – and it's a dead-ringer for the incredible 2002 Salon that JL served in F.

Professional reviews score the 2005 Deutz at 93-95 points, and I would definitely put it at the high end of that scale.

Kudos CX – you picked a winner.
Attached Images  

Last edited by macabus; Feb 1, 2016 at 3:14 pm
Old Jan 2, 2016, 11:08 pm

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
thanks for the update. It was definitely an uproar when CX last instituted this (Deutz Amour de Deutz vs Krug, sometime around 2008 was the last time they did this), but let's see what happens this time. The Deutz is certainly a lovely Champagne, not carried on other carriers, and if the label was torn off I suspect the peanut gallery wouldn't be any wiser.
Old Jan 3, 2016, 1:47 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 7_0_2 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0 Mobile/11A501 Safari/9537.53)

Which route you flew?
Old Jan 3, 2016, 1:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kaka

Which route you flew?
It was HKG-BKK on a 777 with longhaul config F – two rows of 1-1-1 with suites.

The CSD told me that the Deutz was supposed to be system-wide.
Old Jan 3, 2016, 1:59 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Available in the CX F Lounges as well by any chance??
Old Jan 3, 2016, 3:12 am

Programs: CX DM, Watsons Wine Burgundy
BKK is short haul F, wouldn't it have always had the Deutz, no caviar and no amenity kit, like HND?
Old Jan 3, 2016, 3:16 am
Suspended

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 7_0_2 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0 Mobile/11A501 Safari/9537.53)

Originally Posted by jacobsleather
BKK is short haul F, wouldn't it have always had the Deutz, no caviar and no amenity kit, like HND?
Just as what i thought...
Old Jan 3, 2016, 3:54 am

Programs: BA Gold Lifetime, AA 2M, Delta 2M, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Club, EK Platinum
Standard. Last week. Deutz on SIN-HKG on a rare 744 - only three left in fleet and Krug on HKG-LHR.
Old Jan 3, 2016, 4:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AlwaysOnTheRoad
Standard. Last week. Deutz on SIN-HKG on a rare 744 - only three left in fleet and Krug on HKG-LHR.

The CSD was very surprised about the Deutz, as she said this HKG-BKK flight always had Krug.
Old Jan 3, 2016, 5:09 am

Programs: OW Emerald
I shall be VERY interested to see what is served onboard my flight to London tomorrow. I shall be very sad if the Krug is gone. Very sad indeed. Holding out hope that this isn't a "systemwide" change.
Old Jan 3, 2016, 5:20 am

Sounds good. Krug is a bad champagne sold at a high price to fool people.
Old Jan 3, 2016, 6:18 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by macabus
Originally Posted by AlwaysOnTheRoad

The CSD was very surprised about the Deutz, as she said this HKG-BKK flight always had Krug.
Im surprised. Its alwys krug for LH and deutz for SH (even for HND)
Old Jan 3, 2016, 7:23 am

Programs: OW Emerald
Originally Posted by SeeBuyFly
Sounds good. Krug is a bad champagne sold at a high price to fool people.
I wholeheartedly disagree. But hey ho each to their own
Old Jan 3, 2016, 8:37 am

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by macabus
Nah, it has been the same as HND and KIX...Deutz, as others are posting. Not Krug. I jumped the gun in my first post...given the SH routing, nothing strange so far.

My suspicion is you met a confused ISM. Let's see what others have received LH so far in 2016.
Old Jan 3, 2016, 10:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by QRC3288
thanks for the update. It was definitely an uproar when CX last instituted this (Deutz Amour de Deutz vs Krug, sometime around 2008 was the last time they did this), but let's see what happens this time. The Deutz is certainly a lovely Champagne, not carried on other carriers, and if the label was torn off I suspect the peanut gallery wouldn't be any wiser.
Deutz isn't even a terrible champagne-almost as good as Krug.
I would certainly agree though about the last comment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.