Wiki Posts
Search

Denying an op-up

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2015, 9:38 pm
Original Poster

Denying an op-up

Dear all,

I know op-ups are uncommon but I am curious to know whether denying an op-up would somehow hurt your future chances?

Last year I was still a silver member and got op-up 3-4 times out of 10 flights. One time I flew with my buddy and only I got op-up. I requested to be downgraded at check-in so that we could sit together. Since then I never got op-up again in my next 8-10 flights.

thanks,

alan
Old Dec 20, 2015, 10:22 pm

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
I don't think that will affect your chance of getting future op-ups. Your luck was really good, scoring 3-4 op-ups in 10 flights. My wife never received an op-up as a SL all these years (she is now GO, and only received one birthday upgrade recently). I did not receive a single op-up for more than 5 months after I became DM the first time.
Old Dec 20, 2015, 10:29 pm

Programs: CX Diamond (OW Emerald), former SQ Krisflyer Gold
Originally Posted by botfly
I know op-ups are uncommon but I am curious to know whether denying an op-up would somehow hurt your future chances?
I've denied op-up before and have subsequently received more, so I don't think it adversely affects your record.
Old Dec 20, 2015, 10:58 pm
Original Poster

Thank you for your replies.

It's good to know that I am not being flagged as someone who doesn't appreciate good gesture!
Old Dec 21, 2015, 4:35 am

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
denied before but still got op up
Old Dec 21, 2015, 6:49 am

Originally Posted by botfly
Thank you for your replies.

It's good to know that I am not being flagged as someone who doesn't appreciate good gesture!
The only time you get flagged is if you're such a BAH that they actually bother to put a note in your profile that says: "Not Suitable for Upgrades"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.