Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

CX schedule change by 2.5hrs, my rights?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2015, 5:48 am
Original Poster

CX cancelled flight KA361 at 6:40PM and put me on flight CX784 at 4:05PM instead. This is my first flight of the return leg.

Do I have any rights to request them to route me via another oneworld carrier if I can find availability? What are my rights for refund?

I called my OTA and they said that since the flight change is less than 6hours, there is nothing the OTA or CX can do. Is this correct?

Thanks for all the help.
Old Nov 19, 2015, 7:52 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
None

Even if it is over 6 hours I don't see which HK or Indonesian or KA CoC right you can exercise.
Old Nov 19, 2015, 10:48 am

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
None - perhaps none even for more than 6 hours delays as it was due to volcano ash cloud.
Old Nov 20, 2015, 12:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA & SPG Plat
None.

And plus, 2 hours is nothing. Any 1-stop OW itineraries will take you 9++ hours or more.
Old Nov 22, 2015, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You should certainly be entitled to a refund if they cancelled your flight.
Old Nov 23, 2015, 12:57 am

Programs: QF WP
If you can demonstrate that the change have a significant impact, you should have a talk with them on other possible options. e.g. business meeting previously arranged to complete at 3.30pm. However, the only other alternative around the time of the KA flight is HX so even if they accept that you cannot fly the CX flight, they are just as likely to offer you the next day's flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.