B-LBH
B-LBI
Print Wikipost

New livery update

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2015, 5:20 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by CX828
Actually, now seeing the plane in a real photo it is growing more and more on me, and I think it will look good with all the fleet wearing it - very nice tail and like the new title positions.

Question: Anyone who was there at the unveiling received the 1:500 model plane they gave out to everyone? As a collector of CX models, I would love to get my hands on one - so if anyone has it but doesn't really want it - would love to buy it off them!

Thanks
Feel free to PM me and enquire about my special edition model.
Old Nov 1, 2015, 6:19 am

Programs: CX-DM, BA-GGL, Marriott-TI, HHonors-DM
Originally Posted by shoodawg
I would like to have seen some branding on the engines.
I don't think they will brand the engines as some of them (i.e. A330s) are interchangeable w/ KA planes.
Old Nov 1, 2015, 6:24 am

Programs: SQ TPP28, CX DM, DL P, GA CB, WOH LGLOB, HH D, MB G, Hertz P
I like the new livery. Very much in line with the new brand identity. Clean and clear.
Old Nov 1, 2015, 7:01 am

Programs: BA Gold, QF LTG
Opinion is clearly divided on the new livery, but I have to say that I think the team responsible have delivered an understated, clean and effective solution.

Time will tell if it endures as well as the previous livery did, but I'm glad they adopted a restrained approach and followed the new brand ethos rather than trying to be bold or wildly adventurous (neither of which are traits I'd attribute to the Cathay Pacific brand).

In my opinion, it's a stylish and sophisticated livery, and one which will get stronger as it adorns the majority of the fleet.

Curiously, in the video it shows two engineers walking under an airframe which clearly shows a four engined aircraft. I'm not sure if it's an A340 or a B744, but I'd be surprised if either of these variants see the new livery, given both are soon to be retired from the fleet.
Old Nov 1, 2015, 7:06 am

Programs: SQ & QF
Originally Posted by hermanc
I don't think they will brand the engines as some of them (i.e. A330s) are interchangeable w/ KA planes.
They will just be covers. Not the actual engine itself.
Old Nov 1, 2015, 7:12 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, Miles & Smiles *G, PC Amb
I was at the event today. Honestly the renderings look a lot better than the real thing - when they unveiled it, it kind of reminded me of PIA (PK) with its deep green and white tail. Honestly it was the first thing that popped into my head when the hanger doors opened.

So yes, whilst thankfully they didn't go all Euro-White on us, they could have done a bit more to capture the vibrancy of HKG.

Cabin products are all the same - though the Y pitch felt a bit bigger, and the J seat felt a bit narrower, but im sure they're probably the same product.

A few pics;

Whilst there a 744 was towed past and had a good chance to do a side by side comparison - I much prefer the older logo - the new one seem much too monochromatic.

Last edited by slickalick; Nov 1, 2015 at 7:38 am
Old Nov 1, 2015, 7:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by inasmuchas
Curiously, in the video it shows two engineers walking under an airframe which clearly shows a four engined aircraft. I'm not sure if it's an A340 or a B744, but I'd be surprised if either of these variants see the new livery, given both are soon to be retired from the fleet.
It's an A330. You can tell from the shape of the engine with Rolls Royce logo. I'm sure the 744ERF's along with the 748F's will be painted as they're relatively new.
Old Nov 1, 2015, 7:20 am

Awesome pictures, thanks. Overall not bad except that I wished they kept the red on the fuselage.
Old Nov 1, 2015, 7:21 am
Original Poster

I would've preferred the titles to remain where they were to be honest.
Old Nov 1, 2015, 7:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by slickalick
What did he think of the Krug? Does he prefer it to the Salon on JL?
Old Nov 1, 2015, 7:54 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, Miles & Smiles *G, PC Amb
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
What did he think of the Krug? Does he prefer it to the Salon on JL?
He much prefers Dom on SQ!
Old Nov 1, 2015, 8:01 am

Wonder if KA is next to receive a livery refresh?
Old Nov 1, 2015, 10:40 am

Programs: BA Gold, QF LTG
Originally Posted by maortega15
It's an A330. You can tell from the shape of the engine with Rolls Royce logo. I'm sure the 744ERF's along with the 748F's will be painted as they're relatively new.
Are you sure? It looks to be a four-engined bird, which perhaps suggests the remaining few A340s are also getting a new lick of paint. Either way, it'll be good to see the new livery as it's rolled out on the rest of the CX fleet.
Old Nov 1, 2015, 2:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by inasmuchas
Are you sure? It looks to be a four-engined bird, which perhaps suggests the remaining few A340s are also getting a new lick of paint. Either way, it'll be good to see the new livery as it's rolled out on the rest of the CX fleet.
Ah, I see what your saying. There seems to be an engine on the starboard side of the wing. But if you can look closely at the engine nacelles, it has Rolls Royce logos on it which makes it an A330.
Old Nov 1, 2015, 3:03 pm

There is something as too simple, and in this case it's too simple. But, I have to say knowing CX, it could of been worse, so I'm just glad it isn't bad, but it's ok.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.