Wiki Posts
Search

Merge two different bookings

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2015, 5:16 am
Original Poster

Merge two different bookings

Hello,

I currently have 1 booking made under my name and a companion ticket booking under my partner's. While I can access both bookings individually under my account. I would like to know whether it's possible to merge the two bookings together such that I can easily select seats together?

Thanks,

Alan
Old Jun 12, 2015, 7:42 am

Programs: Marriot Am, MU Pt
Can't be merged. You can however call them to put a note in the bookings to "link" them in case of IRROPS.
Old Jun 15, 2015, 12:08 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Can split but can't merge.
wyskevin likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2015, 5:04 am

Programs: Marriot Am, MU Pt
To get seats together try calling or just open both bookings up in two browsers and confirm seats next to each other.
Old Jun 15, 2015, 7:05 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by alphaod
To get seats together try calling or just open both bookings up in two browsers and confirm seats next to each other.
Frequently wife and I are on separate bookings. I open mine up on IE and hers on Firefox.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 7:24 am
Suspended

I have a similar question. Suppose you book a cash flight A-B and an award flight B-C, can you combine/merge/connect these two flights?
Old Sep 18, 2015, 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by Dieuwer
I have a similar question. Suppose you book a cash flight A-B and an award flight B-C, can you combine/merge/connect these two flights?
Post #2

Originally Posted by alphaod
Can't be merged. You can however call them to put a note in the bookings to "link" them in case of IRROPS.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 1:53 pm

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
Originally Posted by botfly
Hello,

I currently have 1 booking made under my name and a companion ticket booking under my partner's. While I can access both bookings individually under my account. I would like to know whether it's possible to merge the two bookings together such that I can easily select seats together?

Thanks,

Alan
As said by other poster, you can link but you cannot merge. If one of the passengers has OWR/MPC-SL or higher status (and perhaps traveling in a higher class), he/she can request seats for companions on the same flight.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 3:16 pm
Suspended

What legal implications does "linking" have? After linking, does CX assume the obligation to protect you on your connecting flight in case of IRROPS?
Old Sep 18, 2015, 3:51 pm

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
What legal implications does "linking" have? After linking, does CX assume the obligation to protect you on your connecting flight in case of IRROPS?
No legal implications.
Old Sep 19, 2015, 2:06 pm

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
It's only a note called "OSI TCP" which stands for Other Service Information: To Complete Party, usually at the bottom of the reservation (PNR).
Old Aug 13, 2019, 2:24 am

Programs: CX D, AF P, AA EP, UA G, Hilton D, Marriott Ti, IHG Plat
Does Cathay still link separate PNRs in case of IRROPs? I have three separate bookings in/out of HKG on CX over the span of one day and while I allocated reasonable layovers between the bookings, you never know what might happen.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 5:08 am

Originally Posted by hew204
Does Cathay still link separate PNRs in case of IRROPs? I have three separate bookings in/out of HKG on CX over the span of one day and while I allocated reasonable layovers between the bookings, you never know what might happen.
I'm sure CX can put a note for you. Whether you can reach someone to do it for you, I'm not sure.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 10:05 pm

Programs: CX DM (OWE), Accor Gold
Originally Posted by hew204
Well, sice all the three flights are operated by CX/KA, it is not really necessary to "link" all the flights.
They are automatically protected.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by cxfan1960
As said by other poster, you can link but you cannot merge. If one of the passengers has OWR/MPC-SL or higher status (and perhaps traveling in a higher class), he/she can request seats for companions on the same flight.
Since this thread resurfaced, I wanted to clarify that this is no longer the case.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.