Community
Wiki Posts
Search

KA new J should be CX longhaul PEY

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2015, 12:16 am
Original Poster

KA new J should be CX longhaul PEY

Really for the price CX should settle for nothing short of a seat like KA new J class.
Old Mar 22, 2015, 12:48 am

but that's also used for CX regional J. what would they use for regional PEY then? maybe the existing PEY seat?
Old Mar 22, 2015, 3:55 pm

Programs: Marriot Am, MU Pt
So CX should have both long haul and regional J seats in the same aircraft?

Be honest, I don't think the regional seats are as "space efficient" as the PY seat...
Old Mar 22, 2015, 8:24 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, SQ-PPS, Marriott PP
If CX PE was the same as KA new J, I'd consider it worth the heavy premium compared to their competitors.

In some cases they are pricing themselves out of my market for PE. The gap increases when I search for an upgradable fare using AM.

Christmas 2016 NYC-BKK:
CX PE = 3200 USD
BR PE = 2300 USD
RJ J = 4100 USD

This is just a sample but seems to be the trend on my monthly queries.
Old Mar 23, 2015, 1:08 am

Programs: Marriot Am, MU Pt
Yeah I have found the upgradeable fares so not worth it for PY that I'll just buy J (I fare) for only $1000 more.
Old Mar 23, 2015, 1:33 am
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
I booked flights PEK-HKG-SUB a few months ago. I priced up PEY & Y and the TP's for PEY would have come in handy. I have previously tried PEY on CX and found it to be fairly comfortable for the length of flights. On this occassion I went for Y because I thought the price for PEY was just ridiculous. CNY 26000 PEY v CNY6000 Y. No brainer really and the flights aren't that gruelling (although I was OpUpd to PEY for the HKG-SUB leg ).

Safe & Happy Travels

S

Last edited by Saltire74; Mar 23, 2015 at 1:34 am Reason: Initially wrong currency

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.