Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CX Status = OW Status

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2015, 3:00 am
Original Poster

CX Status = OW Status

I flew Cathay back in 2012 from Brisbane via Hong Kong to Paris and will do the same again this year and remember being told by the checkin staff at BNE airport that I could use the Business Class Checkin and Priority boarding lanes when on the ground + I was entitled to an extra baggage allowance

Back then I was Qantas Silver (OW Ruby) and I still am

My question - Does this still apply or has it changed now?

Also I notice that OW Ruby and above can book exit rows for free but others on the booking must pay something like $130 to book an exit row

Can they access exit rows by putting their NZ*S into the booking as CX and NZ are partners?
Old Jan 24, 2015, 9:59 am

Programs: Marriot Am, MU Pt
Silver = Ruby
Gold = Sapphire
Diamond = Emerald
Old Jan 24, 2015, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by henrus
I flew Cathay back in 2012 from Brisbane via Hong Kong to Paris and will do the same again this year and remember being told by the checkin staff at BNE airport that I could use the Business Class Checkin and Priority boarding lanes when on the ground + I was entitled to an extra baggage allowance

Back then I was Qantas Silver (OW Ruby) and I still am

My question - Does this still apply or has it changed now?

Also I notice that OW Ruby and above can book exit rows for free but others on the booking must pay something like $130 to book an exit row

Can they access exit rows by putting their NZ*S into the booking as CX and NZ are partners?
You can only access the exit rows if you're still Qantas Silver (OW Ruby) but not with your NZ Silver card. CX and NZ only code share and do not share benefits.

As a QF Silver member, unfortunately you do not have access to CX lounges nor will you get any extra baggage allowance. You need OW Sapphire for both.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 9:36 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by henrus
No.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 3:43 am

Actually, I think benefits do cross over to some codeshare flights.

https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_...-benefits.html

That says (at the bottom) that MPO elite members do get some benefits on NZ operated flights marketed by CX. Given that this is the case, I would be surprised if NZ didn't have some sort of reciprocal arrangement where NZ elites can get benefits on CX flights marketed by NZ.

I guess the real limitation is that the benefits would only apply on CX flights markted by NZ, which I can't guess that there'd be too many.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.