Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

New Bangkok Lounge (Opened June 2015)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2014, 5:07 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob

Cathay Pacific lounge closure at Bangkok’s Suvarnabhumi International Airport

From mid-November 2014 to April 2015, our lounge on Level 3 of Concourse G at Suvarnabhumi International Airport, Bangkok, will be closed for renovation. During this time, you are invited to visit our First and Business Class Lounge on Level 3 of Concourse D. In the event that this lounge is full, Louis’ Tavern CIP Business Class Lounge on Level 3 of Concourse G is also available.

We appreciate your understanding and look forward to welcoming you to our brand-new lounge next year.
Old Nov 23, 2014, 9:09 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

I went through BKK this past weekend and the CX lounge as well as the BA lounge next door were closed for renovation. I'm wondering if CX is taking over the BA lounge space as well.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 12:42 am
Suspended

Programs: CX DM, SQ TPP, QF GO LIFE, OZ*G LIFE, Marriott TIT LIFE, WOH GLOBALIST LIFE, HH DM, BA GO LIFE
Originally Posted by sxc
I went through BKK this past weekend and the CX lounge as well as the BA lounge next door were closed for renovation. I'm wondering if CX is taking over the BA lounge space as well.
I had the same thought when I walked past the CX and BA lounge last night. Looks like they might be joining this area to make it into one large lounge based on the new CX lounge design that they will open in HND in December.

Does anyone have a date for the opening of the Haneda CX lounge?
Old Nov 26, 2014, 3:19 pm

Programs: BA Gold, SAS Gold, Sixt Platinum
First lounge BKK opening when?

Hi, i am flying on QR833 19/1-2015 from bkk but i am an OW, i assume i can use the CX first lounge but i see its closed for renevation. Anybody know or have an idea when its gonna open and how its gonna be?

Thanks in advance
Old Nov 26, 2014, 8:01 pm

Programs: BA- GGL, Hyatt-GLB, Marriott- AMB
There is no CX first lounge in Bangkok. It's the same, shared lounge as the business class one. Don't know if the renovating one will be an exclusive First lounge or not. But given the sizes of the two lounges at BKK, may be combined lounge again.
Old Jan 7, 2015, 11:20 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

It is confirmed that CX is taking over the old BA lounge and closing the other lounge once the new one is re-opened:

Bangkok will follow, with the two current lounges swapped for a single super-sized one.
“At the moment we have two small lounges in Bangkok, but British Airways has relinquished the space next to the bigger of the two lounges, so we’re taking up that space. That lounge will double in size and the smaller one will close” Smith says.
“This will probably happen in May, and the new Bangkok lounge will very much follow the same template as Haneda and include a noodle bar.”
http://www.ausbt.com.au/cathay-pacif...ipei-vancouver
Old Jan 8, 2015, 4:39 am

The QF lounge is now open all day and is a decent alternative between the BA and QF departures times.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 5:23 am

Originally Posted by DH188
The QF lounge is now open all day and is a decent alternative between the BA and QF departures times.
Open all day? This must be very recent. I was in BKK on 04.Jan for my CX 702 flight back to Hong Kong (departing at 19:10). I went to the QF Lounge instead of the CX one, but QF told me they were closing in 15 minutes when I got there at 18:15.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 6:31 am

Originally Posted by Fly Me To The Moon
Open all day? This must be very recent. I was in BKK on 04.Jan for my CX 702 flight back to Hong Kong (departing at 19:10). I went to the QF Lounge instead of the CX one, but QF told me they were closing in 15 minutes when I got there at 18:15.
Sorry, I should have been more specific.
It's 07:30 to 18:00 daily (and 21:15 on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday when there's a JQ flight).
Old Jan 8, 2015, 5:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: QFF SG, VA SL, MR Plat, SPG Plat, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by DH188
I wouldn't bother personally - QF lounge at BKK is very tired, my last trip a few months back the food options were poor (salads, fruits etc brown, warm sparkline wine etc), showers were dirty/mouldy and carpets were filthy.

Fortunately for QF pax the EK lounge is far superior, for OW out of luck unfortunately - I'd probably go to Louis' Tavern and use Priority Pass for access...
Old Jan 8, 2015, 5:46 pm
formerly gemini573

Programs: CX Emerald, WOH Globalist, Marriott Platinum, AA Lifetime Platinum, Virtuoso, Prive, STEPS, STARS
Originally Posted by yohy?!
I wouldn't bother personally - QF lounge at BKK is very tired, my last trip a few months back the food options were poor (salads, fruits etc brown, warm sparkline wine etc), showers were dirty/mouldy and carpets were filthy.

Fortunately for QF pax the EK lounge is far superior, for OW out of luck unfortunately - I'd probably go to Louis' Tavern and use Priority Pass for access...
You're right. It's better than the CX lounge but the QF lounge is definitely showing its age.

I had the opportunity to use the JL lounge a few months back to catch the late night flight back to HKG. They had a decent amount of food to choose from, but was turned off by the strong smoke smell.

The Louis' Tavern lounge. Is that the one directly across from both of the CX lounges?
Old Feb 16, 2015, 5:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP with lots of BA. UA 2MM Lifetime Plat - No longer chase hotel loyalty
Going through BKK next week back to HKG and onward.

So the lounge in place of the closed one is still CX operated (interim lounge?) Or is CX sending people to another lounge (I noticed the comment when the lounge in D Conc is full you get sent somewhere else, but is the D lounge a CX Interim lounge or operated by someone else)?
Old Feb 16, 2015, 5:44 pm
formerly gemini573

Programs: CX Emerald, WOH Globalist, Marriott Platinum, AA Lifetime Platinum, Virtuoso, Prive, STEPS, STARS
Originally Posted by NickP 1K
Going through BKK next week back to HKG and onward.

So the lounge in place of the closed one is still CX operated (interim lounge?) Or is CX sending people to another lounge (I noticed the comment when the lounge in D Conc is full you get sent somewhere else, but is the D lounge a CX Interim lounge or operated by someone else)?
You'll be sent to the D lounge. However, if the lounge is full and depending on the time of day, you can use the QF lounge or JL lounge. My last BKK flight which was about 3 weeks ago, I went to the JL lounge.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 11:16 am

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
The D concourse CX lounge is rubbish to be honest. Better off going to the QF lounge.

The CX lounge is absolutely tiny and cramped. The QF lounge must be at least 4 or 5 times the size.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 1:05 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by matthandy
The D concourse CX lounge is rubbish to be honest. Better off going to the QF lounge.

The CX lounge is absolutely tiny and cramped. The QF lounge must be at least 4 or 5 times the size.
Yes you are right.

Have no idea why CX bother to take over the space in concourse D from the beginning. When the airport opened they have the G lounge. The D lounge opened later when space become available. But have no idea why they made the decision to open that one. Maybe it is over crowed in G lounge?

Now it would be great to see G lounge get the whole concourse space after BA is gone for good. Wonder who will take the residence of D lounge?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.